“Fabulous margaritas and chicken enchiladas”

Mezcal Tequila Cantina
Ranked #24 of 626 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rte 9
Description: Mezcal pioneered the flavors of the Southwest to Worcester. Blending traditional Mexican plates with the colors and flavors of the increasingly popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine, Mezcal has been a hit since day one. Add in made to order guacamole, an unrivaled tequila list and outdoor seating to make the decision that much easier. Mezcal’s exceptional service, warm hospitality and amazing value make it a choice worth considering again and again. Mezcal Tequila Cantina is part of Niche Hospitality Group.
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

We love Mezcal! A great selection of tequilas and the best margaritas in Worcester. Always crowded and fun. Their flight of guacamoles is a treat. Especially wonderful are the chicken enchiladas. We go both to this one and their Leominster location.

Reviewed 4 January 2016

Based on prior reviews, I made a reservation about an hour before we were to arrive. Once we arrived, we were seated at a table next to the large glass windows (which by the way was very chilly) so we asked for a booth. No problem. We ordered a few house margaritas which were good. We then ordered the smaller size of the guac to start which was enough for the 3 of us. The server mentioned they were known for their guac and honestly, I didn't see what was so special about it. One thing we all noticed was the chips were very greasy and we had to sort of pick through them and avoid the greasy ones. We ordered chicken fajitas and fish tacos for dinner and shared both entrees. The fish tacos were nothing of what I'm compared to in Buffalo. Fish was bland and the mango pieces were so large that I felt like I had to cut them in half before eating them. The shell was pretty tiny and I knew that it would rip if I picked it up, so I ate most of it with a fork. The chicken fajitas were the better option of out selections with lots of veggies. One thing that really disgusted us was our server must have took a smoke break after he dropped off our food and came back a few minutes later to ask how everything was and he smelled like an ashtray. Absolutely disgusting. As we were exiting, the manager (I presume) asked how everything was and I replied, just okay, and he didn't inquire any further. So much for trying to improve your restaurant. Make sure to get your parking validated. It's safe to say we will not be back.

Reviewed 30 December 2015

First off, the drinks (margaritas) are AMAZING. Delicious & a lot to choose from. Next the guacamole is absolutely superb. You can choose one or they have 'flights' where you can choose 3 types of guacamole served in smaller bowls. They have about 6 different variations of guacamole based on your preference. We tried the house guac (so good we got 2!) and another that had mango & cashews in it! It was DELICIOUS. We all got various different items from the menu & my quasadillas were just so-so. Not the best Mexican I've ever had, but I would come back just for the drinks & guac!

Reviewed 18 December 2015

Great food, excellent service, complimentary valentine parking. Need I say more? Our waiter encouraged us to try selections other than burritos and tacos. So glad we took his advice and recommendations. The food was outstanding and ample portions to share. We will definitely be returning to sample other dishes.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Large open space. Can be very noisy' Doors open to outside seating weather permitting. Very good, innovative Mexican food. Reasonably priced. Taco Bar @ lunch, Busy place. Reservations a MUST on weekends. Valet and garage parking available,