“Great food and Service”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grafton
Reviewed 23 March 2018

I went recently with my niece, I hadn't been I quite a while and I actually forgot how good it is. We sat at the bar, the bartender came over immediately and we ordered a drink. after looking at the menu we decided on four tapas, all were excellent. the Lamb Ribs, the Pork Belly, Spanish octopus and Tortilla Espanola. the wine we had was also very good. the service was excellent. will definitely go back and soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Loved our meal here. The food was top notch quality and our hostess did a fantastic job with both wine recommendations and food suggestions. I love Spanish/tapas cuisine so I may be a bit biased (but also quite snobby.... haha), but this was a fine meal and would absolutely recommend eating here. Prices are trending to the high side, but reasonable given the food quality. Reservations are probably a good idea and valet parking is needed if driving (we walked from our hotel).

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Valet parking on a raw rainy Friday night. We sat at the bar and selected several wines from their wide selection. The server was fantastic allowing us to select the wine we liked since most is from Europe. Small plate dining was very good, with everything from cheese, bread, salad and tapas. Prices were very reasonable for the selection. Another great Niche location...

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Because of the blossoming Worcester food scene, we find ourselves not visiting Bocado very often. Each time we visit, we vow to return more often.

We find the Bocado Experience (sized to number of people in your party) is too much food. So we order one cheese and three tapas. Usually two or three are very good, one or two just OK.

Not this time. Every dish was a winner.

We started as we always do, the fried goat cheese, with honey, quince, almonds and pepperdew. I don't like goat cheese, but frying transforms it. It is mellower. And the honey and quince, as well as the almonds and pepperdew, give you plenty of flavors to savor.

Most of the tapas are served as they are prepared. We always ask for one at a time so we can enjoy the unique flavors.

For the next course, we asked for the lobster stew special. There were potatoes and a few other vegetables, but it was mostly lobster. I was glad I saved some of the bread from the cheese course because the goat cheese crostini was a teaser. I kept dipping the bread in the broth. The tarragon oil was like the cherry on the cake.

The next course was another special duck hash - a combination of duck confit with potatoes, onions and peppers, topped by a perfectly fried egg, the yolk adding to the richness of this dish, and the tabasco aioli cut through the richness.

From the regular menu, we ordered one of our favorites: crisp braised pork belly, creamy corn potato purée, Sriracha bbq and pickled vegetables. The pork belly was cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside, fat melting. The BBQ sauce and the pickled vegetables cut the richness.

We should leave room for dessert, but never do. It was excellent from start to finish and the meal was paced exactly as we asked.

1  Thank jgot
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Bocado has it all -- great food, great atmosphere, great service. Of all the tapas restaurants we've been to, this one ranks in our top 2 (the other being Curate in Asheville, NC). Seafood paella was the best I've ever had -- lots of seafood, perfectly cooked; a tastier/zestier-than-usual garlic-saffron flavor; deliciously crispy rice. Gazpacho was perfect, with just the right level of spice; Camarones y Aguacate -- fried avocado, spicy shrimp salad, lemon ginger dressing -- was delectable. (I am literally having trouble finding enough superlatives to describe our meal.) We also had Piquillo y Hummus de Frijoles Blancos -- Spanish piquillo and white bean hummus, grilled pita, carrot, celery -- and homemade pomegranate Sangria. And yes, both were delicious. If we are ever back in Worcester, we will be back at Bocado! In closing, a quick word about parking: Somewhere online I had read that there's a small parking lot across the street. But on a windy, rainy night the only parking lot we found was reserved for the Worcester Ice Center. Fortunately, it turns out that Bocado valet parking is complimentary & stress-free. Word to the wise: Use it!

1  Thank Foodshldbefood

Been to Bocado? Share your experiences!