“Great Vibe”

Birchtree Bread Company
Ranked #10 of 610 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 30 April 2018

If you catch this place at an off time, it's an enjoyable experience. Peak hours usually have long lines. Don't forget to try the chocolate chip cookies-so yummy!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We couldn't hear each other talk with the noise from the band. Nor could we hear the drinks being called out - without a microphone.
Not child friendly at all. Finding a table to sit at was impossible. There were only benches available which is awkward to eat at.
We left after standing inline for 15 minutes with a very hungry angry toddler.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

When you walk into Birchtree, you order at the counter (there was a long line for us, but it was Sunday brunch), they make your coffee drinks there (you wait off to the side), and they give you a number to place on your table so that a server can bring your food to you when it’s ready. The place is large, but it was very crowded and busy while we were there, so the food took quite a while to come out, so we shared a big cookie as an appetizer (which we received at the counter when we got our coffees). The breads were fantastic and clearly made that day, on the premises. I had an omelette, which was very tasty, and Hubby had an adult-style grilled cheese (ie, good cheese and bread, with some other stuff in there like apple and maybe a mustard spread).

Would visit again, if we are in town. Honestly think the place would run smoother with regular table service and waitstaff, it was a bit of a madhouse the way it is. Food is good, though.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I am a foodie. I resent having to eat mediocre food so often when I travel. And I am truly appreciative when I see that artisanal restaurants like Birchwood continue to pop up and flourish. I am so delighted that Birchwood is on our way now when we go to our beach house, on the way visiting in laws, but heck I would even go totally out of my way to eat here!

Specifically, they have wonderful breads, sandwiches and salads. Desserts too and coffee. In a big open, fun industrial space. Everything is very good quality, delicious, and made with the extra little flourish that shows you they have skill and passion. Their grilled cheese is TDF, and the little salad on the side was delicious too. Kudos to all involved in this enterprise!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

There are things to really like about this restaurant/bakery. It is a large, bustling space with very good coffee and breads. It is quite popular, so is also fairly noisy. My soup and salad were okay, but not special. My companion loved the grilled cheese. We didn't try the pizzas but they looked good. People bus their own tables, so they are seldom very clean. And there is competition for tables, sometimes making diners feel pressured to eat up and leave. But I'd try it again - it's a change in the food desert that is Worcester.