“One of My Favorites” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
Maryland
“One of My Favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

I have chosen the Inn many times over the years, and I was never disappointed. My one bedroom suites are always clean and spacious. Two flat screen TVs. The WiFi actually works well all the time. Granite counters in the kitchen and bath are a nice touch, as is the "slate" tile floor. I personally enjoy the 6 mini-drawers at the vanity sink, because I can store my toiletries without cluttering the sink counter.
The pool is just big enough to swim small laps (no jacuzzi). The breakfast buffet is fine, and includes 2 hot chafing dishes. (I don't understand why they don't serve fresh cut melon on weekends - ATT MGT!)
I have already booked my next stay here. P.S. There is NO room service or spa, but I can't unclick them to leave them blank.

Room Tip: You can access the first floor backside rooms without an elevator, but you loose window privacy and...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kingston, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for one night. The rooms were huge -- this suite is apartment sized and very comfortable. Super clean and very friendly staff. Pool was warm and clean and hotel was very quiet. Breakfast was outstanding and included, the waffles were a special treat. Well located in an industrial area outside the chaos of the city but close to everything. We'll stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, and get a suite if you can.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I'm having breakfast at the Marriott Residence Inn. There is a good variety of breakfast food; cooked eggs, various breads, make your own waffles, yogurt, oatmeal, four types of cereal, juices, tea and coffee. The room, a one-bedroom studio, is light, large, clean and comfortable. The parking and wifi are free. The hotel is just off I290 and a few blocks from Shrewsbury Street, the site of numerous restaurants. The staff is helpful. They are also pet friendly. We were going to bring our dog and will have to bring the dog on another trip. I am pleased with the hotel and will stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
North Haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The Residence Inn has always been our stay of choice, no matter which State we visit, for the simple fact that it is a home away from home. We always stay in a two-bedroom suite, with Kitchen, and two bathrooms. The only thing we don't enjoy about it, is the low toilets, and the high tubs...I believe next time we will request a roll in shower at the very least and I can bring a toilet raiser with me...In this day and age, really, who has time for a bath? I hope that in the future a lot more hotels will offer walk in showers....
We really love the idea of cooking our own meals, and although not all but some, have done away with pay Per View Movies, it is still a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

As one of its competitors folded, and the other, the Beechwood Hotel, has poorer reviews recently, IMHO, this is now the best hotel in Worcester. Excellent staff. There are places here and there where some maintenance would help; underside of chairs torn, some burn marks in rug, etc. There was a lot of room changing going on; about 1/2 the time I was near front desk, someone was changing rooms. Our room was in pretty good condition, but cleaning folk were not the best, i.e., piling pillows on top of our clothes in closet, leaving almost no toilet paper, minimal effort on cleaning, etc. The hotel is trying - breakfast was very good, there are free special light dinners M, Tu, Wed. Hotel is also close to Interstate so easy access, but not close to downtown and restaurants are about 1 mi away. Beds were excellent.

Room Tip: Backside rooms are quieter, but in general, the hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple