“Solid.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Worcester
West Windsor, NJ
“Solid.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed here on business in February, as this is my company's hotel of choice in the Worcester area. It's the first time I've stayed at any Residence Inn (I'm a Hampton man if I have a choice) and I was pleasantly surprised at the size and utility of the room. Since I paid the corporate rate and was reimbursed, I cannot rate the value of this hotel reliably.

Location: The hotel is a couple of miles from the highway, but is still near enough to main roads to be accessible. It’s way up on a hill and the driveway is easy to miss.

Amenities: Residence Inns are known for their efficiency suites (hence the name), and indeed, this hotel provides more than the typical bed/couch/TV combination. The door of my suite opened onto a large, tastefully (if a bit generically) decorated living area and full kitchen with a writing desk, couch, chairs, and a TV on a stand in one corner, and the kitchen appliances lining the hall-side wall. A separate bedroom, walk-through closet/vanity area, and full bath completed the suite. I must mention that there was a SECOND TV in the bedroom. There was free popcorn and a full candy dish in the room, and a free breakfast buffet which was about what you’d get at a Hampton (a waffle iron, eggs, breakfast meat, pastries, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, and beverage station).

Service: I did not have any issues, and the room was clean.

Overall: A good place to stay if you’re in Worcester. BY THE WAY: That’s pronounced “wuss-duh” if you don’t want to stick out like a sore tourist.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bridgewater, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

My teen had a two-day visit to a University in town. We stayed two nights in a king-size room.
There is a shopping center very near to the hotel with Texas Road House, groceries, Target, and Sally Shop (for all of those items we had forgotten)!
The front desk staff were very helpful in assisting us to print a copy of a required form for the University stay!
I was concerned about the first-floor room as the rear parking lot is actually higher than the first floor (hotel built into a very steep hill) and I thought light from car headlights might actually shine into our room, but the black-out drapes worked.
You must use the elevator to get from the room floors to the Gate House ground floor for breakfast/business center/front desk (There are no stairs that connect to ground level).
This hotel is situated in the side of a very steep hill.
There is a residential apartment building behind this hotel. Quiet neighborhood.
If my student attends school in Worcester, I will be returning to this Residence Inn!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
shelton, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Our Robotics team from Shelton needed a place that could easily place 27 or so people. Erin from sales was wonderful. We had two room suites that we were able to put four students in at a time. Our mentors were thrilled at the location, cleanliness of the room, the great hot breakfast with so much to choice from. Also, I need advice on where we could have our team dinner and Erin came through again. She recommended an Italian restaurant that serves family style which suited our needs. The boys enjoyed the indoor pool as well. The whole staff was friendly and would do anything for any body. This is from the front desk, to the breakfast area, house keeping etc. Thank you again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I were bringing our two kids on a 2 night stay to the Worcester area to go to a couple of museums. We like that Residence Inns offer more than just a basic hotel room. We booked a one bedroom suite. It had a living area, kitchen and large bedroom with a king sized bed. The livingroom couch pulled out into a bed for our oldest to sleep on. The little one shared the king bed with my husband and I. This hotel looks new. Everything was very clean. The bed was adequately comfy...nothing special. Around midnight of night one I was woken by voices. Long story short...our room(222) was right above the hotel's backdoor entrance. It was also the spot where smokers hung out. This particular night there was a group of young guys who went out there about every fortyfive minutes to smoke a butt and wake me up. I could hear them chatting away, and the door banged everytime they went in or out. At 1:00 I called the front desk and told them how noisey they were. The man assured me he would have security take care of the problem. The problem continued every fortyfive minutes until 3:00a,m. I would just fall asleep, and they would come back outsiude and wake me up. I was not happy!! I wanted to demand a new room for the following night but my husband, who sleeps through anything, didn't want to bother packing up and moving. The second night was quiet so that party must not have still been staying.
The breakfast buffet was ok. Very crowded for such a small area. They kept running out of food and people would have to wait for the staff to restock. I think they were busier than usual due to school vacation. The best/worst part was the waffle machine. They had all kinds of toppings and they were very tastey but popular so there was a line to use the single waffle maker they had. They need at least one more waffle iron. The pool was clean, but tiny. The kids had fun anyways. The water was a bit on the cold side but not too bad. The towel situation was just stupid. They supply pool towels, but are so stingy. The first night we went in and saw no towels so my husband went to front desk to ask for some. The desk clerk said he would have housekeeping bring some. 15 minutes later nothing. Now the kids want to get out but no towels. I go to the front desk and ask, and Im told the same thing, 10 minutes later the man come in with like 4 towels. Later than night was the same issue. My husband again goes to ask for more and is told the same. Now, there are 8 kids in the pool. The man brings in 4 towels! The next day this was again an issue. I never saw more than 4 towels brought in at a time.
Overall this is a nice hotel, with some kinks. i would still stay again though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

Rooms excellent,staff very helpful. Breakfast diverse and plentiful. Bar could use restocking

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family