“Great hotel for our team needs”

Residence Inn Worcester
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Worcester
shelton, CT
“Great hotel for our team needs”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Our Robotics team from Shelton needed a place that could easily place 27 or so people. Erin from sales was wonderful. We had two room suites that we were able to put four students in at a time. Our mentors were thrilled at the location, cleanliness of the room, the great hot breakfast with so much to choice from. Also, I need advice on where we could have our team dinner and Erin came through again. She recommended an Italian restaurant that serves family style which suited our needs. The boys enjoyed the indoor pool as well. The whole staff was friendly and would do anything for any body. This is from the front desk, to the breakfast area, house keeping etc. Thank you again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I were bringing our two kids on a 2 night stay to the Worcester area to go to a couple of museums. We like that Residence Inns offer more than just a basic hotel room. We booked a one bedroom suite. It had a living area, kitchen and large bedroom with a king sized bed. The livingroom couch pulled out into a bed for our oldest to sleep on. The little one shared the king bed with my husband and I. This hotel looks new. Everything was very clean. The bed was adequately comfy...nothing special. Around midnight of night one I was woken by voices. Long story short...our room(222) was right above the hotel's backdoor entrance. It was also the spot where smokers hung out. This particular night there was a group of young guys who went out there about every fortyfive minutes to smoke a butt and wake me up. I could hear them chatting away, and the door banged everytime they went in or out. At 1:00 I called the front desk and told them how noisey they were. The man assured me he would have security take care of the problem. The problem continued every fortyfive minutes until 3:00a,m. I would just fall asleep, and they would come back outsiude and wake me up. I was not happy!! I wanted to demand a new room for the following night but my husband, who sleeps through anything, didn't want to bother packing up and moving. The second night was quiet so that party must not have still been staying.
The breakfast buffet was ok. Very crowded for such a small area. They kept running out of food and people would have to wait for the staff to restock. I think they were busier than usual due to school vacation. The best/worst part was the waffle machine. They had all kinds of toppings and they were very tastey but popular so there was a line to use the single waffle maker they had. They need at least one more waffle iron. The pool was clean, but tiny. The kids had fun anyways. The water was a bit on the cold side but not too bad. The towel situation was just stupid. They supply pool towels, but are so stingy. The first night we went in and saw no towels so my husband went to front desk to ask for some. The desk clerk said he would have housekeeping bring some. 15 minutes later nothing. Now the kids want to get out but no towels. I go to the front desk and ask, and Im told the same thing, 10 minutes later the man come in with like 4 towels. Later than night was the same issue. My husband again goes to ask for more and is told the same. Now, there are 8 kids in the pool. The man brings in 4 towels! The next day this was again an issue. I never saw more than 4 towels brought in at a time.
Overall this is a nice hotel, with some kinks. i would still stay again though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
boston
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Rooms excellent,staff very helpful. Breakfast diverse and plentiful. Bar could use restocking

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed here for a holiday weekend while visiting family. The room was a perfect size and the service during the breakfast was great. The cleanliness of the room could have been much better. Upon firts use of the bathroom, it appeared that someone had smoked in the bathroom then tossed their cigarette butt into the toilet, but forgot to flush the evidence. The room didn't smell of smoke and I am very sensitive to that smell. It was a full house and we checked in late, and I always carry Clorox wipes, otherwise we would have asked for a different room because who knows what else was not thoroughly cleaned.

Room Tip: 2nd floor near the back of the hotel allows for easy in and out.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsDodge79
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Residence Inn Worcester, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
On behalf of the Residence Inn Worcester, I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We take both positive and negative feedback from our guests very seriously. We take great pride in our hotel, service, cleanliness, and our complimentary hot breakfast. I apologize for not meeting your expectation in regards to the cleanliness of your guest room. I have shared your comments with the management team and the staff and appropriate measures have been taken to correct this issue from happening again. I hope you decide to give us another opportunity to provide you with the legendary guest service and product for which Marriott has become famous for throughout the hotel industry.

Shawn Rodriquenz,
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We have family that we visit west of Boston and have stayed at this hotel more than once. It's near an interstate but we were looking at night and had a bit of difficulty getting to it. The hotel itself was really nice, clean, comfortable, and had a good breakfast. When we go to the area again, we would certainly consider staying at this Residence Inn again. There are several restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family