“this isn't NYC...”
Review of Canal Bar & Grill

Canal Bar & Grill
Ranked #292 of 611 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 26 October 2017

remember where you are when you order your food... we, New Yorker's have a higher expectation for flavors and presentation... yes, it was 8pm, yes, the town was empty, and yes... Canal was empty!!

driving through MA, we decided to take a chance on any of these local places, sure enough, we landed at Canal Restaurant and Bar... when we walked in, we weren't expectiing much... we were greeted with a smile, then was asked to choose any seat in the house... we sat in front of the music stage...

before our waiter took our order, we decided to look around us... being that no one was there, so i prefered not to have precooked food!! we chose a country fried chicken steak and fish'n chips, with a beer to wash it down... when the food arrived, our food was so fresh, you can see the steam come from the food!!

the live entertainment was a bonus...

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Went last night for paint nite. Had the app goat cheese drizzled w/ honey.............I can not believe how wonderful it was! Would have over and over again. My hubby had a seafood dish, he seemed to enjoy it.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

We visited on a Saturday evening around 7 pm. Literally the place was empty. We should have turned and left then. Service was nothing special, limited beer selection, food was poor . My husband had to fight to get the meat off his spare ribs, the Etouffee was like nothing compared to the real deal - it actually had kilbasa in it - what!! Chicken caesar salad was pathetic - wilted lettuce drowned in dressing.
Needless to say, we will not be back - ever.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

We went to the Canal Restaurant to celebrate two friend's Birthdays, two of our group had been before and they liked it. We got there at about 8:30 pm on a Saturday night and were seated almost immediately, and it was a few minutes before we got menus but no big deal. The waitress came over and we ordered drinks. It was about 20 minutes before I got my drink, which was made incorrectly, but whatever, then the other drinks came out one by one within ten more minutes, odd, but not a deal breaker. We placed our orders and chatted and joked, and waited, and waited and waited. Another table came in and was seated, they got their food, ate, ate desert, and got coffee before our apps even came out, it was almost 45 minutes. We would have asked our server but she disappeared. At the 50 minute mark our food started to come out, ok then, whatever no biggie, but just like the drinks it all came out bit by bit, one friend got her app and entrée, one friend got his app, one got his entrée and app, I got nothing, and the Gumbo looked like seafood and pasta sauce, the 1/2 fried chicken was just a fried chicken breast. At the one hour mark I still hadn't gotten my app and entrée, while my friends were almost done eating, I got up and asked to speak to the manager. Finally my food started to come out, and it was tasty but I waited over an hour for it, and the place was not busy at all! The manager never came over, and while the waitress apologized she said there was nothing she could do, ummm yes there very much is, we were billed full price for waiting and poor excuses. Not only that but I got sick from the food, AND one of my friends was over charged on his debit card. I am not usually a complainer, for me I would prefer to never return than to raise a stink, but this was beyond the pale, they failed in every way possible, and we will never be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

We came in to see a friend play on a Saturday night. The drinks are great as were the desserts. We will be coming back to give dinner a whirl. Every meal that walked by us looked delicious.