“Where the Locals Eat”
Review of Herbie's

Herbie's
Ranked #45 of 633 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I was born in this area, but now live far away. I return about once a year to visit family. We usually go to Herbie's at least once while here. I love the whole fried clams that you can't find anywhere else. Herbie's are good, maybe not the best I've ever had, but very good. My sister's scallops were excellent. I may switch to those next year. Prices were very reasonable and service was good. Not easy to find and doesn't look like much from the outside, but clean on the inside and obviously frequented by locals.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

It use to be good , but the last times I went food was awful. First time was sea food felt sick after. So the next time decided on chicken fingers. Let just say the were over cooked an looks like they used old oil. As for the wait staff I found them very good now if they can fix the kitchen it would be great.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Why, YES.

Do not miss the opportunity to swing by this unassuming hole-in-the-wall-type dive bar in S. Worcester. I am forever on a quest for The. Best. Lobstah. Roll. Did I find it?....maybe....

Reviews talked about the long wait, but we went on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, right at what should have been peak lunch hour. Seated right away (choice of two dark, uninspired settings: "dining" room or bar...we chose the bar where we could at least watch some sports on the TVs), the wait staff were quick and attentive, and BOY, OH, BOY were they fast. Not seven minutes after we ordered, our amazing lobster roll plates were brought to us. And amazing they were indeed. Do not quibble about whether it's a pound, or half, or third. The top split bread (not roll) is literally filled to overflowing with delicious, fresh NE lobster (being from the PNW, we don't get lobster, and when we do, it's gross. And expensive.) that is lightly (if at all) seasoned and (maybe) bound with a little butter. No mayo. No yucky Old Bay Seasoning. No celery to overwhelm texture or flavor. You can get mayo and/or melted butter on the side to dip/spread/pour. This is not...repeat, NOT...a lobster roll in the sense that you can pick it up and eat it. Although I tried valiantly. The hubby merely forked it all up. Superb quality, LARGE chunks of claw and knuckle meat. Yummy, crisp slaw and pre-fab sweet potato fries accompany this treat, for only about $12. Yes, you read that right. $12. So that meant that three Lobster Salad Roll plates plus drinks plus GENEROUS tip were $50 total. Score.

(Note: Lobster rolls are on the special menu only on Saturdays and Mondays.)

Go. Now. You won't regret it.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank bacongougere
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

If not the best, then very close to the best fried scallops I’ve ever had. Just excellent and well worth the long wait. My wife agrees.
They have booth seating on one side and high top tables on the other as well as a bar that joins both rooms. Fancy won’t be found around here, but you won’t notice because you’ll be too busy gobbling up whatever it is you ordered. Clams were very good with the combo plate I ordered, and the prime rib my daughter had was excellent as well. My son in law had a lobster roll that was stuffed beyond the roll (you’ll need a fork).
The service was quite good from our very friendly and hard working server. She was quite busy, but never missed a beat, checking on us regularly. Definitely a throwback reminder to some of the restaurants I remember as a kid that have folded up long ago. Everything seems to be a franchise now.
We will be back again soon to visit this great place called Herbie’s Kitchen.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This is now the 2nd time we have tried to eat at Herbie’s. We have eaten there quite a few times in the last yr and it seems the staff is getting worse. The last two times they have failed to put our order in. When confronted after waiting 30-40 mins it is always someone else fault. Then they give you attitude when u say give me my check I want to leave. Today was no different. Waitress didn’t bother to check on us the 1/2 hr we sat there. Then when I confronted her as to why 3 tables were served who came in after us the quote was ( those aren’t my tables ) what does that have to do with why I have no meal. Yes the food is good but I don’t the need attitude. Won’t be back, there are a lot of good restaurants in the Woo.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank K9457OOrichards

Been to Herbie's? Share your experiences!