“Great Greek Food in an unassuming building”
Review of Zorba's Taverna

Zorba's Taverna
Ranked #116 of 626 Restaurants in Worcester
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We were in Worcester for a concert last weekend and were unfamiliar with the area for dinner. Since we like Greek food we decided to try Zorba's and are so glad we did. The food was excellent! I had a special salad (can't remember the exact name) that had all the usual items in a Greek salad but also fried squares of pita bread like a crouton. I had chicken kabob on top and it was a wonderful meal - huge portion. My husband had lamb kabob and he got two skewers of good size pieces of lamb over rice that he said were delicious. Our waitress Andrea was excellent - quick, efficient and amazingly friendly. In fact I couldn't help but notice that all the staff seemed very happy - to me a sign of good management. Wish we lived closer so that we could go more often but if are ever near Worcester again Zorba's is our go to place.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I usually just drive bye ... the exterior was never appealing to me but my cousins highly recommended it so we all got together ( 7 of us ) and went..I have to admit as soon as I walked in it was like ... wow very impressive it was bright clean busy which I like and we were greeted right away.. first we started with the fried feta which was as I said unbelievable feta rolled into a ball and fried with a perfect batter and we also ordered the baked feta which was just as incredible if you go and don't try anything else but these two apps. it will have been worth it.. I had the baked haddock medeteranean..fresh fish baked perfectly with veggies it was really good and my husband had the lamb kabobs which he said were cooked to perfection ( i tried a bite it was really good) my cousins had beef kabobs.. prime rib and chicken kabobs... all looked great and no complaints..so if your looking for really good food in a clean bright friendly environment in Worcester,Ma this is one to try even if its a little travel for you I think or hope that you would be as satisfied as we all were and the prices are in line with the portions...

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited Zorba's in Worcester today. We go to lunch regularly and like to try different restaurants. I have been to Zorba's before for dinner but she had never been. My friend uses a wheelchair so it's important that restaurants are accessible. It's funny she rated the restaurant as one of the best most accessible bathrooms that we have visited.

While it's nice to know that the restaurant is nicely accessible it's also important to know that they have a huge menu with a wide range of choices. From brick oven pizza too numerous Greek dishes a wide range of lunch specials, pastas, salads and numerous appetizers.

We shared the seafood stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer and they were amazing.
I had the chicken souvlaki lunch special which came with a small Greek salad and fries. It was fantastic. My friend had a fish sandwich which also came with fries and it was very crispy and fresh. She usually takes home half her food but she ate it all!

Overall the meal was quite good. Our server was friendly, professional and helpful. The restaurant is lovely and there are really nice high tops with semicircle booths in the bar. It's defiantly worth a visit. I will be back!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Great selections from appetizers to entrees to drinks and all so very, very reasonably, if not cheaply priced, but greatly made with tons of taste. Never over nor under cooked. Summed up-Yummy and truly delicious!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

The first two arrived early, 5:00, and were immediately seated. Drinks ordered and delivered quickly but without a feeling of a rush. Quiet table near the front windows, in sight of the kitchen, while the bar area was crowded and might have been quite noisy. Others joined us, orders taken and delivered in a very timely fashion. Casear salads with grilled chicken and calamari were wonderful; friend had flounder with pilaf and fresh green beans.