All reviews renovated room corn hole fire pit steamship authority beach buggy ferry terminal central courtyard minute walk air mattress ferry to martha's vineyard pie local beaches late check morning coffee ice machine cape cod three nights
Reviewed 3 August 2017

The staff at the Treehouse are the friendliest you'll ever meet. Other pluses are the fire pit, picnic tables, fridges in rooms,can park overnight and go to the Vineyard. On the negative side is the switch from the run down motel it used to be to the newly opened retro edition is on the modest side. The rooms are small - the shower is a coffin. There's no TV and "basic" is the word for all else. So overall, the staff makes it pleasant and the room has a little too much of a minimum security feel for my past.

Room Tip: Passable inexpensive stay in Woods Hole
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We stayed for a few nights here and really enjoyed the low key charm of the place. You can tell they care, as it feels more like a b&b than your average motel or corporate chain. Jenna was especially friendly and helpful, and Steve was a lovely tour guide in the beach buggy! We weren't told there were bikes available though, as I've read here, which would have been an added bonus. And the bathrooms didn't seem as renovated as the rest of the room. But the sweetness of the place makes up for any learning curve glitches.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We drove by the Treehouse Lodge on our explorations of Cape Cod and the kids asked if we could stay here. Luckily one room was available and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff is very welcoming, the rooms are efficient, charming, and very clean, the central courtyard is lovely, and we enjoyed sitting outside our room on the second floor. It's a very short walk to the restaurants and shops of Wood's Hole. It's across from Church Street and the bike path for those looking for a scenic run route!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Cortney M
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Thank you to Jenna and Shannon for your superb customer service. We stayed in the Pavillion room last weekend and it was lovely! The location is perfect for walking into town for dinner and Woods Hole is a very charming spot. Clean comfortable and almost like a little private cabana if you get one o the two pavillion rooms We would absolutely stay here again! Thanks for your excellent hospitality!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth R
Beth C, Owner at Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you Beth! What a pleasure sharing Woods Hole and Falmouth with you. I am so glad you enjoyed your dinners out in Woods Hole village, as well as the Pavillion room which is our king room with private balcony nestled in the back of the gardens with a great view of our famous Copper Beech tree.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Woods Hole!

best -

Beth Colt
owner

Reviewed 12 June 2017

For my 10th year reunion of an MBL course in Woods Hole, the meeting organizer booked me at the Treehouse Lodge. Initially I was a little put out since I had stayed at the Sands of Time for 6 weeks back when I took the course, and it was familiar territory. Nevertheless, I took a Peter Pan bus down from Boston South Station, and on the way I realized that I had forgotten my iPhone charging cord. I called the Treehouse to see if they had extra charging cords and was informed that they did. It was a 12 minute walk from the Steamship Authority Pier to the Treehouse Lodge. I was greeted by LaDonna on check-in, who was super friendly and had the iPhone charging cord waiting for me. I was first given an unrenovated room with double beds since my family would be joining me the next day, and we needed two beds. The unrenovated room looked straight out of the 1950s, including yellow and black tile in the bathroom. Since I am not a fan of vintage hotel rooms, I went back to the office and asked LaDonna if there were any renovated rooms available. She was extremely accommodating and showed me a huge renovated room with a king bed that we could stay in. I immediately fell in love with the upscale decor. Clearly a lot of design planning had gone into the room, including the designer color palette of forest tones, a soothing navy accent wall, barn board-look flooring, retro wooden drum and console accent tables, and modern glass and tile shower. Light fixtures continued the woodsy feel with Edison bulb lighting and red lantern table lamp, and canvas curtains (including a two-part canvas curtain that could be drawn across the middle of the room to divide the room into two spaces) at the windows and patio door provided privacy and gave us the feel of camping without actually doing so. There were cute details that contributed to the treehouse vibe like bedside shelves made of tree slices and a wall-mounted cast iron sink with retro kitchen faucet in the bathroom. The king bed was insanely comfortable with big, fluffy pillows, snowy white sheets, and a decorative Pendleton wool throw. Cots were available for rent at $15/night, but as we would have needed two cots for our two kids, I had my husband bring an air mattress. There was plenty of room for the queen-sized air mattress, and housekeeping made it up with sheets, blankets, and pillows for the kids. Room temperature was precisely maintained by a brand new wall-mounted ductless minisplit that provided both heat and A/C. The mini-fridge and in-room coffee maker were really convenient, as was coffee, tea, and fruit available during the day in the office. The hotel was walking distance to the Pie in the Sky bakery cafe, downtown Woods Hole, and the MBL campus. My husband was able to leave our car in the Treehouse parking lot and walked with the kids to the Steamship Authority Pier to take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard while I was at the conference. There is also a cool gigantic red spherical fire pit in the center of the property. We thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at the Treehouse Lodge, the perfect mix of modern and retro. This will be our go-to hotel when we return to Woods Hole.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank wkuohung
Beth C, Owner at Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back to Treehouse Lodge, a new place to stay in Falmouth. best -- Beth Colt, owner