“The perfect mix of modern and retro...”
Review of Treehouse Lodge

Treehouse Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woods Hole
Reviewed 12 June 2017

For my 10th year reunion of an MBL course in Woods Hole, the meeting organizer booked me at the Treehouse Lodge. Initially I was a little put out since I had stayed at the Sands of Time for 6 weeks back when I took the course, and it was familiar territory. Nevertheless, I took a Peter Pan bus down from Boston South Station, and on the way I realized that I had forgotten my iPhone charging cord. I called the Treehouse to see if they had extra charging cords and was informed that they did. It was a 12 minute walk from the Steamship Authority Pier to the Treehouse Lodge. I was greeted by LaDonna on check-in, who was super friendly and had the iPhone charging cord waiting for me. I was first given an unrenovated room with double beds since my family would be joining me the next day, and we needed two beds. The unrenovated room looked straight out of the 1950s, including yellow and black tile in the bathroom. Since I am not a fan of vintage hotel rooms, I went back to the office and asked LaDonna if there were any renovated rooms available. She was extremely accommodating and showed me a huge renovated room with a king bed that we could stay in. I immediately fell in love with the upscale decor. Clearly a lot of design planning had gone into the room, including the designer color palette of forest tones, a soothing navy accent wall, barn board-look flooring, retro wooden drum and console accent tables, and modern glass and tile shower. Light fixtures continued the woodsy feel with Edison bulb lighting and red lantern table lamp, and canvas curtains (including a two-part canvas curtain that could be drawn across the middle of the room to divide the room into two spaces) at the windows and patio door provided privacy and gave us the feel of camping without actually doing so. There were cute details that contributed to the treehouse vibe like bedside shelves made of tree slices and a wall-mounted cast iron sink with retro kitchen faucet in the bathroom. The king bed was insanely comfortable with big, fluffy pillows, snowy white sheets, and a decorative Pendleton wool throw. Cots were available for rent at $15/night, but as we would have needed two cots for our two kids, I had my husband bring an air mattress. There was plenty of room for the queen-sized air mattress, and housekeeping made it up with sheets, blankets, and pillows for the kids. Room temperature was precisely maintained by a brand new wall-mounted ductless minisplit that provided both heat and A/C. The mini-fridge and in-room coffee maker were really convenient, as was coffee, tea, and fruit available during the day in the office. The hotel was walking distance to the Pie in the Sky bakery cafe, downtown Woods Hole, and the MBL campus. My husband was able to leave our car in the Treehouse parking lot and walked with the kids to the Steamship Authority Pier to take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard while I was at the conference. There is also a cool gigantic red spherical fire pit in the center of the property. We thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at the Treehouse Lodge, the perfect mix of modern and retro. This will be our go-to hotel when we return to Woods Hole.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank wkuohung
Beth C, Owner at Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back to Treehouse Lodge, a new place to stay in Falmouth. best -- Beth Colt, owner

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

This place was great, just what we were hoping for! My husband and I were in Woods Hole celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted to spend the night. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly greeted by Jenna who checked us in and showed us around. She was extremely friendly and personable and made us feel right at home. The room was clean, and the beds were comfy. I loved that they have corn hole to play and an awesome fire pit. After a long day of exploring Woods Hole and enjoying all it had offer, it was nice to have the short walk back which was only about 15 minutes at most. When we got back there were a few people sitting around the fire. We sat with them and quickly made new friends and shared a lot of laughs. Check out the next morning was easy and we got to meet some other staff members who were just as nice as Jenna. You really can't beat staying at a place that feels more like visiting a friend's house, unlike checking into a large chain hotel where you are just another paying customer. They really care about the comfort of their guests and I'm glad we found them. Would highly recommend and would absolutely stay again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jen R

Hi Jen -

Thanks so much for this five star review! It means a lot to us to hear that our efforts are appreciated by guests like you. We hope to see you back again soon.

best -

Beth Colt
owner Treehouse Lodge

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Want to have that Retro feel with a Modern Boutique Appeal? Look no further, The Treehouse Lodge is where it has been combined. I stayed on a Friday Night and arrived early enough to enjoy the courtyard garden and the evening fire pit(a metal art inspired buoy design).

The staff is sincere, friendly and extremely helpful. From the moment I arrived, I felt at home and welcomed. A vehicle is on call to take you to the nearby beach in the day or just into the village of Woods Hole if needed, only a 5 minute walk away just past the Coast Guard Station. You can walk to the ferry and go on as a passenger. Go and enjoy an entire day on Martha's Vineyard and then come back and spend the night in a wonderful place that will cost you 1/3 of the high prices of MVY, a really smart option.

The remodeled rooms interior are designed like cabins in a National Park. A perfect feel for this ideal hideaway. The beds are brand new and so very comfortable, with soft sheets & comforters. Brand new A/C wall units with heat just in case it gets cool. Mini fridges are in the room, but the staff fills your ice bucket in the evening which is a treat. The new furniture is a combination of a modern 50's feel with a woodsy cross over. You may think that you're in a Ralph Lauren photo shoot, but then you realize this is your own personal oasis. I use to think that this was just a layover to the Vineyard, but the reality is, this now is a destination.

This Summer 2017, I advise you to plan a trip and stay at the Treehouse Lodge in Woods Hole, MA. Get out to the nearby beaches & then make your way into the village of Woods Hole on the World Famous Oceanography Harbor, filled with numerous choices for breakfast/lunch or even an elegant dinner. A handful of shops are here, along with two amazing coffee shops and homemade pastries. You are a just a short walk there if you want, bring your bikes and explore. I could have stayed the whole weekend and have decided I will be returning very soon. Whether you are a family/couple/single, you will be glad you made your way to the end of the road on this part of Cape Cod.

As the evening gets late and you are back in your room, you will hear in the distance the final horn blasting from the Ferry as it pulls out for its last trip to Martha's Vineyard. As I looked up at the bright Half Moon from the courtyard, it illuminated the most beautiful lush oversized Oak Tree I have ever seen. It is like out of a movie, not real, but then again, you will get lost in the evening air and the creature comforts filled with summer tranquility and then you find yourself, right here, at The Treehouse Lodge.

Room Tip: My preference is a room in the single story building, original building, Retro Property, hard to fin...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank MartinHuQ
Beth C, Owner at Treehouse Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Martin -- What a review! I can not thank you enough for joining us here this weekend, and sharing our hopes and dreams for how customers might experience the renovations at Treehouse Lodge with the world. You have made my day! Thank you so much, and we hope to see you soon in Woods Hole. Sincerely -- Beth Colt, owner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woods Hole
4.9 km away
Inn on the Square
Inn on the Square
#11 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Treehouse Lodge? Share your experiences!