“Good Vietnamese soup”
Review of Green Basil - CLOSED

Green Basil
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We tried a few things from this place but kept going back to the soup. It's nothing fancy, so if you're looking for some hot soup on a cold day this is not a bad choice.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is the place we always order pho from and keep coming back. Delivery is always quick and the drivers always friendly. The pho always leaves us full as well as the pineapple fried rice (another favorite where I work along with the spicy crab rangoons). Prices are fair and food is good-which is all we can ask for!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

If you want authentic Thai/Viet food this is not the place for you. The portions are very small and on the pricey side. They do not serve alcohol. I am not a big boozer, but always like an original beer with my authentic food. The restaurant is small, but appears clean. It smelled really good even from outside. We were greeted at the door by a fellow that ended up being greeter, waiter, chief cook, and bottle washer all rolled into one friendly package. I ordered a Singhi or Amarit beer to start. That's when I found out that they do not serve alcohol. I ordered a single meal of "large" portions to share with my wife. She is not a big eater and a shy one at that. I ordered a large Thai sampler platter of appetizers, a large green papaya salad, and a large Pad Thai. The food arrived in about twenty minutes. That was pretty fast even though we were the only ones there. I was disappointed with the platter except for the shrimp which were very good and the variety of spicy sauces. Most everything else was over cooked. The chicken on a stick was almost inedible. The entire platter was almost too small for one to enjoy let alone two. The large papaya salad, called Tam Som, is shredded green papaya, mixed with garlic, Thai hot peppers, fish sauce, and a preserved baby crab. It is all pounded with a mortar and pestle and served with sticky rice, kaho neeo, and eaten with the fingers. This salad again was too small to be called large, did not have the fire it should have, and worst of all was served with a fork instead of sticky rice. Another disappointment came with the Pad Thai, a dish of stir fried rice noodles in a spicy sauce. Again we were served a bland dish and no sticky rice. If you are looking for an Americanized eating experience that you may still enjoy if you don't know any better, then this may be for you. For you true seekers of the genuine article I can only advise you to seek on. I know the real thing and have cooked and eaten it for over 30 years. This is not close and I will not return there.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

If you crave for Thai or Vietnamese near woburn downtown..this is a nice place to get a take-out. The place has just couple of tables in the same area if you want to enjoy a hot lunch/dinner. There's no alcohol though. The curries i've had (red and yellow) are ok-the vegetables are cut into very chunky pieces which takes a while to finish them. This place didn't have good tasting food compared to Lanna Thai across the town. The public parking for this place is right behind and its free-but its gets full during evenings.

1  Thank my3n
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

This place has a small dining in area but most of the patrons of this place either take out or get food delivered from here. I love their drunken noodles and my daughter loves the Pad Thai. We have tried the Vietnamese too and it is ok.