“Really great food and service”
Review of Green Basil - CLOSED

Green Basil
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I met a friend there for dinner. Parking was a bit of a problem for evening hours, as it is right on the Main Street and I had to look around a bit. There was a lot of carryout going on but we ate in and were the only ones there by the time we finished. The young lady who waited on us was very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and a very, very good value. There isn't much atmosphere, except for looking out the window at what is going on in the middle of town. However, if you want excellent food at very good prices, I do recommend it. I would give it 5 stars, except for the plain interior. Both of us fancy Thai and Vietnamese food and the offerings are some of the best we have had. As other reviewers note, they don't serve alcohol, but they do have some interesting servings of green tea.

1  Thank Phil H

Reviewed 4 April 2012

This place is very small but that did not bother me as much. They do not serve alcohol, i don't think, but the smoothies with boba pearls were good and fresh.
I had the red curry with beef which was delicious. The tom yum goong soup was good but i wish the tomatos pieces were smaller. Not a big deal though. My gf had the pho dac biet and she loved it.

2  Thank mtninja
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I won't lie.
I was a little concerned when we went in and we were the only customers on a weekday evening, but the food was simply outstanding.
The staff was very nice and again, the food was quite good.

I had the Chicken Gra paw and I wish we had that food near my home!

If I am every back in Woburn....I will be eating there again!

2  Thank happytravelinggirl
Reviewed 14 April 2010

We tried this restaurant in Woburn Center after shopping at stores on Rte. 128 and finding restaurants there were packed on a Saturday evening. We ordered Beef with Basil (hot), Chicken with Cashews, Pad Thai and a bowl of Pho, Vietnamese noodle soup. I had never tried Pho before and it came with a plate of basil and mung bean sprouts to put in the soup for extra flavor. It was good but hard to eat the long rice noodles with the soup spoon. The other Thai dishes were exceptionally good, which is why I'm writing a review.

The dining room is small but the service was fast and our waitress was friendly. The dining room was clean and more modern looking than traditional Thai restaurants. It seems like a family runs it and does the cooking and table service. There is no alcohol, beer or wine served which is unusual for a restaurant today. They do make mango and other fruit smoothies and we tried fresh limeade which was good. I would recommend Green Basil for delicious Thai or Viet food in a simple setting for a modest price. They of course have take-out and also some home delivery in the area.

3  Thank famvacations