“Fantastic Food”
Review of Jenna's Drive in

Jenna's Drive in
Ranked #17 of 130 Restaurants in Weymouth
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

After reading several reviews I decided to try Jenna’s for myself. Stopped by for an ice cream cone; the food sounded so good I returned a few days later. I ordered fried chicken and JDI tots. The chicken takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare, so I sat at one of the picnic tables to wait. Some very good smelling fish and chips went by, as well as a very generous portion of onion rings. Jenna’s is dog friendly; there were 3 well behaved dogs on leashes with other diners. Also 2 very cute little girls having ice cream with their grandparents.

My chicken arrived; a breast, thigh, wing and drumstick. (Another review stated that the breading fell off their drumstick; I did not have that problem!). The pieces of chicken were good sized and juicy. The breading was crispy and very tasty. I passed up the fries since I’d ordered tots. They were handmade and very good. Served with a spicy ketchup. I can’t wait to go back and try some of their other offerings (and have more ice cream!)

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This is a place I usually visit once or twice a season (they are closed oct-apr?) and every time I visit they never disappoint. Went for lunch ordered the fried chicken, the food was absolutely perfect....some of the best chicken I’ve ever had ... they tell you in advance it’s going to take 20 mins to make but the wait is well worth it , Everything I’ve tried here has always been GOOD whether it’s been sandwiches,apps seafood etc. it’s a great place am definitely going back

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve driven by this place a dozen times and never tried it. So glad I stopped today. Beautiful day so I got to sit out at one of their tables and enjoy one of the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. Service was very friendly. The fish was very fresh nice and flaky and cooked perfectly! Not greasy at all. I requested my french fries be well done and they were perfect. Their tartar sauce was also great. I know some people like more of a dill taste but this one is not. I think their might be some onion in there which I loved! I will be back!

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

This place has earned themselves a lifetime customer. Excellent service! I Highly recommend this hidden gem

1  Thank 4kimd4
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Just discovered Jenna's Drive In right before they opened and I've already been there 4 times! They have the menu covered with apps, sandwiches, fish, fried chicken, tacos and Gifford's ice cream to name a few. Prices are reasonable for what you get and everything is cooked to order, fresh and piping hot so you generally have to wait 10-20 minutes, the 20 being for the fried chicken but, you can call ahead to order to avoid that.

So far we've tried the buffalo wing app--really crispy chicken and the sauce is doctored up with some form of grated cheese in it, bacon cheddar tots--sooo good, fish and chips--insanely huge portion of haddock and fries, mahi tacos--really loaded up but 2 for $10 and ask for extra siracha lime sauce on the side, and of course, the fried chicken which is hands down the best fried chicken on the south shore. Pretty sure it's only available Thursday-Sunday and "when it's gone, it's gone" so call it in or get there fairly early if you want to try some. We got a 12 piece and although it was all delicious, I recommend asking to skip the legs as for some reason, those were the only 2 pieces that didn't hold the coating and weren't crispy.

An unassuming little outfit in Weymouth with good portions and prices between $8.95-$13.95 for most items, I definitely recommend giving them a try. Oh, and check their Facebook page before you go for their daily specials.

1  Thank lisadZ9727KY