“Had to stay in a smoked-in room”

Quality inn Westfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Westfield
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The hotel is non-smoking. I checked in at 10pm after driving four hours, and I had to sign the standard waiver that if I smoked (we are both non-smokers!), I would agree to pay a $250 cleaning fee. Imagine our surprise when we opened the door and the room wreaked of smoke. The last person's $250 didn't go very far in purifying the smell. The kind gentleman at the front desk had no other rooms available, but gave us a spray and an air purifier (very noisy but helpful in reducing the odor).

On the pro-side, the room was spacious enough, wifi OK, bed comfortable. But who would leave the outside door unlocked? And what housekeeper would fail to clean up the coffee and coffee cup left behind? Sheesh.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Scott F, Manager at Quality inn Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Bruce,

We are sorry that we were not able to switch you to another room because we were sold out. We have spoken to the housekeeper responsible for that particular room and it has now be deep cleaned to remove any lingering smoke odors. We do hope you will give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Pros: Nice big room
Great pillows
Easy to find (right off the Mass Pike)
Cons: Not squeaky clean
Room smelled musty on arrival
Very loud trucks in the early morning if you are on the non parking lot side

We were only here for one night. Room was large and comfy. The bathroom had quite a few hairs left behind by prior guests. The headboard of the bed also had something spattered over it (ick).Breakfast was good but...the floor was very sticky. Not just in one spot but the whole floor. If I had seen a mop I would have mopped the floor for them it was that bad.

Just a little bit cleaner and it would have been great.

Room Tip: Parking lot side will be quieter and you can access it directly from your room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Scott F, Director of Sales at Quality inn Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Director of Sales
Quality Inn
413-568-2821

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Thank God I didn’t read all those old reviews before I checked in, Nothing could be further from the truth. I had a very easily, professional, cordial check in. Scott was very helpful and informative as well,As it turned out he was sales manager of the place. As to the room itself was perfect for me as I was alone, probably the rooms with more beds are a bit bigger but this was all I needed. I just wanted a place to sleep for the night and a clean bathroom. That is exactly what I’ve got, along with him very good breakfast, and a most reasonable price. Have I stayed in better places, yes. Did they cost me a lot more, also yes. I will be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Spent last Friday evening here with wife. Price was fine. We are Choice members.

Breakfast was included and plentiful. Staff was pleasant and welcoming. Room bathroom had some sort of water leak and the floor - and we reported it.

Definitely had not major renovations for many years.

Room Tip: Our lst floor room was fine with an exit directly to parking lot
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Pros: Beds were comfortable, shower worked
Cons: 1. terrible housekeeping service...never came, even when requested at the front desk which you had to do if you wanted service...an
unnecessary step in my opinion.
2. Breakfast included...yes...but if something has run out, it takes forever for someone to replenish it. One morning we actually had to listen to staff members arguing loudly in the back.
3. Worn out physical facilities..room sink leaked, rugs worn
4. Extra surprise charge for a room safe we didn't need or use.

Thankfully, we have no reason to stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Scott F, Director of Sales at Quality inn Westfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Wanda,

We thank you for taking the time review our property and are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have several new housekeepers that are still in training and this was the cause for your room being missed. We have addressed the issue with our housekeeping staff to ensure that does not happen again in the future. We make all our food items fresh and when we are very busy it can take a little longer to get fresh made food out and keep it stocked. We do the best we can to make sure everything is well stocked, hot, and fresh. We do hope you consider staying with us again in the future so that we may make a better impression.

Director of Sales

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfield
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield
8.7 km away
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
9.2 km away
Red Carpet Inn West Springfield
Red Carpet Inn West Springfield
#6 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Quality inn Westfield? Share your experiences!