we were victims of the horrible snow storm that hit the north east on October 29th. A tree hit our house and the whole region was without power. The hotel itself was dark for a day but on the 31st we were able to check in and honestly I don't know what we would have done without some heat for the three nights we stayed with them. I thought the suite was roomy enough for my husband and myself along with out 18 year old son. He was thrilled to have power and when we went home on one of the many trips to feed and take out the dog he brought his xbox back with him and was a happy camper. A few doors down from our room was a guest laundry facility which was very reasonable and a lifesaver since we had piles of laundry back at home which we could not run. There is a little refridgerator and a microwave and a generous complementary breakfast spread. However what sets this hotel apart is the staff. I was astonished how calm they stayed when faced with many angry,cold and tired people they had to turn away. The front desk manager did his best to call and look for alternate accomodations and had a genuine sympathy for people. We had to check out after three nights because a convention was booked but were fortunate to get power back after just one more day. I thought the hotel was immaculate and all the staff very nice. They have an indoor pool that I didn't check out (too busy doing laundry) but I saw some families with children very excited to be able to swim on this storm adventure. I am confused by some of the reviews, we were on the third floor and there was an elevator so there was no lugging of bags up staircases and it is a totally non smoking hotel so there could not be any smoke smell. Another thing I would like to mention is that I was so impressed that they did not price gouge people. The entire area was out of power and some less than honest innkeepers raised their rates. We paid the standard rate and I was delighted to do so. I didn't find it very pricey at all and have paid much more for lesser accomodations in the past. Again the staff was top of the line, they themselves were suffering with property damage but always were friendly caring hosts. Definately would recommend them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westfield, Massachusetts Hotel Convenient to the Mass Turnpike The new Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Westfield, MA nestled in the foothills of the Berkshires, offers easy access to I-90 and is just a short drive from the city of Springfield and Bradley International Airport (BDL). The 100% non smoking Holiday Inn Express & Suites is just minutes from the Basketball Hall of Fame, Six Flags New England and Blandford Ski Area, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Westfieldis perfect for families or individuals who are looking for lodging in Westfield. A short drive will bring you to the Quadrangle in Springfield, home to a variety of museums. For those who love to shop, we are also close to Holyoke Mall. Conveniently located near Atlas Copco, Mestek and General Dynamics as well as Noble Hospital, Amelia Park and Westfield State College. Our Westfield, MA hotel is ideal for business travelers who plan to attend meetings in Westfield. We can host your next event in our meeting room and help you stay connected with our free high-speed Internet access. While lodging in Westfield, MA take the time to enjoy a swim in the heated indoor pool or work out in the fitness center. You can eat well every morning at our free Express Start hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Check out our great Westfield hotel deals and book your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Westfield
- Holiday Inn Express Westfield