“A life saver!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westfield
Reviewed 13 November 2011

we were victims of the horrible snow storm that hit the north east on October 29th. A tree hit our house and the whole region was without power. The hotel itself was dark for a day but on the 31st we were able to check in and honestly I don't know what we would have done without some heat for the three nights we stayed with them. I thought the suite was roomy enough for my husband and myself along with out 18 year old son. He was thrilled to have power and when we went home on one of the many trips to feed and take out the dog he brought his xbox back with him and was a happy camper. A few doors down from our room was a guest laundry facility which was very reasonable and a lifesaver since we had piles of laundry back at home which we could not run. There is a little refridgerator and a microwave and a generous complementary breakfast spread. However what sets this hotel apart is the staff. I was astonished how calm they stayed when faced with many angry,cold and tired people they had to turn away. The front desk manager did his best to call and look for alternate accomodations and had a genuine sympathy for people. We had to check out after three nights because a convention was booked but were fortunate to get power back after just one more day. I thought the hotel was immaculate and all the staff very nice. They have an indoor pool that I didn't check out (too busy doing laundry) but I saw some families with children very excited to be able to swim on this storm adventure. I am confused by some of the reviews, we were on the third floor and there was an elevator so there was no lugging of bags up staircases and it is a totally non smoking hotel so there could not be any smoke smell. Another thing I would like to mention is that I was so impressed that they did not price gouge people. The entire area was out of power and some less than honest innkeepers raised their rates. We paid the standard rate and I was delighted to do so. I didn't find it very pricey at all and have paid much more for lesser accomodations in the past. Again the staff was top of the line, they themselves were suffering with property damage but always were friendly caring hosts. Definately would recommend them!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann M

Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed at this hotel because of a wedding in the area. We tried to check in 3 times and they said they didn't have our reservation, come to find out they put my husbands name and my name together so they couldn't find us. Finally after much prodding they finally started to search the system and found us. The rooms were nice and clean. However, the pool was murky. The continental breakfast was ok; don't try the pancakes from the pancake machine, not good. The nicest hotel in the town however expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here for one night due to "Family Day" at Westfield State and a planned trip to the Big E. We had a two bed "suite" ---which is basically a room with an additional pull out couch and microwave. I have stayed in HI Express on business many times, and found the price here to be very high for what was delivered (I'm sure it was based on availability). In any case, the room was clean and looked fairly new. The "Express Breakfast" was really the disappointment. We were familiar with the concept and knew what to expect (defrosted and microwaved "hot" items, cereal, fruit, "famous" cinnamon rolls, pancake machine, etc.). Guess what---no cinnamon rolls, no fruit, pancake machine empty, no OJ, and a seemingly lazy young lady who was occasionally tending to the buffet. When asked if she was going to refill the juice or pancakes, she would respond affirmatively, but never did! If we paid the "normal" HI rate, this would have been no big deal, but we did leave feeling cheated. If you know your hotel is full, then bring in the extra help to deal with it. In any case, at least motivate the staff you have.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Countrykids01
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I had very low expectations of this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised that our room was clean, quiet, and didn't smell of cigarettes. I prefer a hotel that doesn't require one to haul one's suitcases upstairs, but given the price and the paucity of alternatives this was really ok.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks because of the location. It's really sad that this is the best hotel in the city, because it still is horrible. All I can say is if you stay here, look at your bill before when you check out. I left and came back to work to fill out my travel voucher and realized they had charged me for an extra night. I left a message with the manager Susan, and never heard back. I called the front desk again and they told me the only person that could help me was the manager, left another message and nothing. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jas0nd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfield
7.5 km away
13.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
8.4 km away
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Water Park
Clarion Hotel & Aqua Lagoon Wate...
#10 of 17 in West Springfield
10.7 km away
Regency Inn and Suites West Springfield
Regency Inn and Suites West Spri...
#3 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield? Share your experiences!