“Kibbee ”

Ranked #19 of 98 Restaurants in Westborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The vegetarian kibbee was delicious and the service on the carry out order was very fast. The serving was a large portion. I was staying at the Doubletree nearby so the location was great as I didn't have to get back out on the main road with the traffic. There is a liquor store next door that sells bottled soda and refrigerated alcohol items.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Thirteen months later, on another trip to Massachusetts, we decided to visit El-Basha, as I hungered for their lollipop lamb chops. This time it was for dinner, and I thought the prices seemed a bit high, at least compared to luncheon prices. But that is normal, of course, for many restaurants. The lamb chops were listed as "full rack of frenched baby
lamb chops ," but, dang, I only got 5 instead of an actual 8 that make up a rack. The price was $27, so that seemed high to me, especially, since last year for lunch I got 4 for $14.99. We ordered other items like Seafood Mixed Grill (swordfish, salmon, shrimp), Beef Shawarma, and Falafel. For appetizers we had Stuffed Grape Leaves, KIbbee Balls, and Sauteed Lebanese Sausage. The apps. were outstanding! I was really fond of the grape leaves stuffed with the meat, rice, and spices.

One thing the beer drinkers among us enjoyed was that since El-Basha does not serve beer/wine, we were allowed to walk three stores down to a liquor store and bring our own beer into the restaurant. Frankly, that is much cheaper than buying beer at a restaurant anyway. The next time we visit Massachusetts, we hope to eat here again. I probably will opt to eat during lunch, though, since the prices are definitely cheaper.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I love Mediterranean/Greek cuisine and truly look forward to going out for a nice lamb dish with all the sides. We were a party of 5 and we ordered their version of a Poo Poo Platter for the table with selecting 8 appetizers. I did't think the apps were anything special. I've had better stuffed grape leaves elsewhere. The falafel balls were just that. We all ordered our entrees to find out after we ordered that there was no lamb for shish-kebobs. Yikes!!! Three of us wanted kebobs. This is a Monday night at 6PM. I ordered a Haddock Dinner and I did enjoy it. T he fish was fresh and the mixed vegetables and rice was tasty.

1  Thank Arthur G
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I love trying new places because there is always an element of the unknown. After having a great lunch with a colleague of mine at this quaint well staffed restaurant I know the next time I am in the area I will be going back. The food was great with just the right amount of spices and umani. We had artichokes and the grill sampler with a salad and hummus. It was quite a nice lunch. Before you go if you would like to have an adult beverage there is a liquor store 2 doors down. Yes they do not serve alcohol. My one minor complaint was that I had to ask for more water and iced tea.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

What a wonderful mistake. We thought we were walking into the pizza place next door and instead walked into El Basha Grill. A middle eastern restaurant. We stayed and are glad we did. The food was great and the atmosphere was terrific. Great wait staff. I even called our hotel to see about a refrigerator so I could take the leftovers. That's high praise indeed. Very very good.