“Why hasn't this place been discovered yet??”
Review of South Street Diner

South Street Diner
Ranked #13 of 95 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 5 September 2018

OK, perhaps you enjoy the high prices charged for wine in restaurants, but if you're like me, once I've scanned the wine list looking for the cheapest bottle I still pay $29 or more, for a $3 bottle of wine. That's not the case at South Street in the evening. It's BYOB, which is a GREAT deal. I find the food well prepared, which is very important to me. I prefer good preparation at a good price over fancy. Because of the BYOB we can splurge on a very nice bottle of wine and/or good crafted beer purchased on our way to South Street Diner.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I went to the restaurant about once a year with other women when I was attending a Westborough church. I thought the food was good then. I'm not familiar with it now. Perhaps, as other reviewers have stated, the restaurant has gone downhill.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

There’s nothing to rave about here, it’s just an ok local breakfast place. We’ve had both good meals and bad. Service can be slow, especially if they’re busy. It’s just ok.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Since the previous owners turned the restaurant over to new management the food has gone downhill. I previously frequented Sunday mornings. Most recently I ordered the same entrée as always...spinach and cheddar omelette, home firies and raisin toast. Very disappointing. Home fries were burned and inedible, raisin toast barely buttered, and omelette had cold cheese sprinkled on it. It has always been a bit of an inconvenience to have to go to the ATM before breakfast as cash is not accepted.

1  Thank capec55
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Our family visits this restaurant about twice a month for breakfast. We used to love it. The quality of the food and service has really gone down hill. I always get the western omelet. It doesn’t have nearly the same amount of ham or veggies it used to. My husbands home fries were so greasy that he got a belly ache. We’re hoping they get back to the quality they were about a year ago. Now it’s just average. We’re going to look for a new spot. The staff isn’t the same-hostesses wait staff, etc is all different. We only recognized one waitress. Really bummed.