“Truly a diamond in the rough”
Review of Tidewater Inn

Tidewater Inn
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Crystall Beach, TX
“Truly a diamond in the rough”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

After a one week travel thru Mass, Main, New Hampshir, Vermont, and RI, we had the pleasure of staying at Tidewater Inn on our last night away from home. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. When we saw the size of our room and how clean it was we coulden' t believe it. Sitting on our own private bpatio was also a real treat. I wish that the hotel experience we found here could be the standard rather than the exception.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Milton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Always love staying here....great location and very friendly owners. Have been going there for years. We keep our boat at the Hyannis Marina and the location couldn't be better. They are also kind enough to allow us to park our trailer in the parking lot. Good security and lots of running room for families with little children.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the back overlooking the water.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Wakefield, MA
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My friends and I decided to take an impromptu weekend trip to the Cape. I found Tidewater Inn through a friend who had stayed there before. The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and very helpful and the property was gorgeous. We ended up staying in on Friday night, sitting by the bay under a full moon. The area was far enough away from other rooms so we didn't disturb other guests and we had a fabulous time enjoying the view. On site there is a very nice diner that serves very good, homemade breakfast. It was quite convenient to be able to roll out of bed to a delicious meal. I would definitely stay at the Tidewater again and recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Request a backroom that opens to the bay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ChristinAthena
Boston, MA
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Fortunately, I stayed just for one night and I would never stay here again. First, I have allergies to the mold. And the smell made me sick. I am not exaggerating - I really got sick and left as early in the morning as I could.
Second, I need my room to be private. The balcony you can see on the pictures goes all the way without any rails between the rooms. So, if you open the curtain everybody can go by and see what you are doing in your room. To spend all the time with that heavy curtain closed and using lights does not seem to be a good idea to me.
I gave 2 stars because the room was not dirty. Also, I did not use the pool and I don't like to be unfair. I can tell only the towels they provided for the pool looked like they were used to clean it up.

Room Tip: If you decided to stay here choose the room further away from a busy road.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
tidewatercapecod, Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
I apologize for your experience with at the Tidewater. While we don't have a problem with mold or mildew, occasionally a room will get damp from guests coolers or coming in wet from the pool. Whatever the reason, we don't want our guests to be uncomfortable and will move anyone who has a problem. Some guests are more sensitive than others and we appreciate this. We like to address problems while the guest is at the hotel so that we can solve their problem and make them comfortable. We also have many rooms that do have private balconies that guests will request. While these room cost a bit more, they have beautiful views, new carpet, and privacy. Had we known of these issues we would have moved the guest to another room so that they would leave happy.

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

Littleton
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Hotel was very nice, clean and well maintained. Sheets could have been a bit softer, kinda hard but clean and room could use a bit of updating, a bit musty.. but good. Overall pools were fantastic and gounds were beautiful. I would upgrade my room next time to the newer ones in the back but would def. come back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1.2 km away
Yarmouth Resort
Yarmouth Resort
#5 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!