“Chowder was even better than I remembered”

Captain Parker's Pub
Price range: USD 9 - USD 28
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family friendly, full service restaurant serving fresh local seafood, choice meats and vegetarian offerings. Famous for our thick and creamy New England clam chowder. Gluten free items available.
Reviewed 23 October 2018

My wife and I visited a few years ago and we both remember liking the chowder. We went back recently and realized it is excellent clam chowder. It is worth a visit for that. I added on the fish and chips this time and they were very good - ample portion, cooked just right, nice crust (I ordered the crunchy version which used Corn Flakes, I think). Even in mid-October there was a wait, showing how popular this restaurant is. Once we were seated, the service was prompt and friendly. The prices were reasonable.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed 23 October 2018

We ate here twice on our recent road trip. The food was good and very well priced. The service was good. The noise in the large open room was NOISY. This is not a quiet place. It seems set up for tour groups or the vacation mobs.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Was down Cape and decided to go to Cpt. Parkers because we were there before and enjoyed it. Very disappointed with my meal. Got the fish sandwich ff. and cole slaw. The fish wasn't done enough and it was still wet and cold inside. It was during the Patriots game and it was very busy at the bar. ALAN OUR WAITER WAS VERY SWEET when I told him and he wanted to get me another one. I just wanted them to know. I will go back again things happen.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Have been going to Capt Parkers for years. Great place with good bar and seated service. Food is excellent and love the huge bone in prime rib. Live in Dennis but go to CP because it is a better value with friendly atmosphere. Scott served our group of 7 hungry people and was great. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Bar tender was/is short and not friendly. Chowder is always good but this place is not like it was. They seem entitled and not cutsomer friendly.