“Fix that pool!!!”
Review of Cape Point Hotel

Cape Point Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have to say I had a great time, the price was right very family friendly, clean and the staff were very helpful and polite. My problem was with the pool, the first day was not to bad but the second day they must have treated it and put enough chlorine in that it would have cleaned every indoor pool down the Cape. My daughter got rashes on her arms and face and it is going on day two waiting for them to clear and I still can't get the chlorine smell out of my nose. I think it is a shame that so many people have complained about the pool and still they do nothing about it. I would not return because of the pool as that is the most important part of the stay for my children and I wouldn't want to put them in harms way!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank carolyn d
capepointcc, General Manager at Cape Point Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

I would like to respond to your review. As you can see from the other reviews som people complained about the pool in Jan during the Beach Party Weekend.We wanted to make sure that didn't happen again.I brought in a proffesional pool operator and I myself am a Certified Pool Operator. The pool is salt generated and and does not use chlorine. However the salt is slow too react when the volume of people increases. To handle this we deciced to switch ove rto a non chlorine shock that we used when the pool closed at night. We also tested the pool continuosly each hour to see that the levels stayed in line. Both myself and the outside pool operator ran our own checks to be sure we were in line,( we were) Bottom line is if your child had a rash it was not caused by our indoor pool, unless your child is alergic to salt.Thank You Steve

Reviewed 2 February 2012

We attended the Beach Party Weekend for the 4th time. We go with many other families and usually have a great time. The last few years the pool was a bit off - kids would get some mild rashes but this year it was terrible. On Friday night,the staff said the PH was off - and they fixed the problem but the next day it was just as bad. Bathing suits were losing their color after exiting the hot tub and if you spent any time in the pool, your eyes and skin would burn. My daughter who was in the pool the most in our family had a red face for at least 2 days.

The board of health should check the pool and the owners should have a professional pool company take care of the pool year round. If it was me (and I do have a pool), I would drain it and start again.

I am hoping to go again next year because everything else there is wonderful. But if we do decide to go and there are issues with the pool - I am taking a water sample and getting it checked my self and calling the board of health.

I am hoping that Steve, the manager, replies to this review.

Room Tip: I always ask for a second floor room because it is quieter.
8  Thank Bodhi1127
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We had a wonderful time with top notch service at a top notch hotel. Everything was very clean and the entire staff was delightful, even the housekeeping team. Being a housekeeper myself, I am usually very picky about room cleanliness but I had no complaints at Cape Point Hotel.
Steve in particular was incredibly nice and very generous helping with any and all concerns we had. We will most definitely be returning again.

Room Tip: Direct any concerns to steve the manager.
2  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We had a terrible experience by allowing our children to go into the pool. Both of our children
had severe reactions to the overuse of chlorine in the water. My 15 yr old son's face was red for 2 days and we are still waiting for his eyes to clear (it is day 3 now) My 10 yr old daughter has still got a red face and her eyes are still puffy, sore, and red. I brought this up to the front desk when we checked out and they seemed very unconcerned...even suggesting that perhaps I allowed them to be in the pool too long which was NOT the case. The bed was in need of replacement about 3 years ago, and by all means, bring your own pillow! We definetly will not be back.

3  Thank Deborah S
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Upon arrival the staff was friendly & helpful. We had booked a suite and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Our suite (109) was renovated with a flat screen TV, new rugs and it looked & felt like new beds and pillows. The only downside is the heat that is very loud. Every time it would kick on during the night it woke me up. The pool was great and the kiddie pool is great for young kids. The breakfast at the restaurant was really good, quick and very reasonable in price. I love the location of the hotel, it is cenrtral to all the good shops.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Yarmouth
0.6 km away
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Cape Point Hotel? Share your experiences!