“Great Dinner and Presentation”
Review of Rouge

Rouge
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Contemporary French cuisine using local ingredients, serving the local community as well as second home owners and visitors to our region consistently for the past sixteen years. Voted "Best of the Berkshires 2016". We offer two menus, a more formal menu in the dining room areas, and a bar/ tapas menu in the Bistro room and bar. We offer later hours on the weekend throughout the summer season, and to go meals.
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

My wife and I were staying in West Stockbridge for a day at Kripalu. Rouge was close to our hotel and looked good. The imaginative and tasty appetizers such as the spinach oysters ( a special of the day) were very good and deliciously presented. I had the braised duck and my wife had the arugula salad both of which we recommend. Generous portions for both. Good friendly service too. Place is a little pricey for Berkshires but you pay for quality.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

There were 6 of us and we all ordered something different and every dish was s presented beautifull and was delicious. I had duck served with a vanilla basalmic sauce that was about the best duck I have had. Since it was my birthday they presented me with a beautiful piece of lemon cake with a lighte candle and incased in spun sugar green dome.. Almost to pretty to eat! Serviceand ambiance was also very good.

Reviewed 20 July 2015

We had dinner here 2 years ago.
We were hoping it was still good and we were not disappointed.
Three of us had duck and 1had veal we all were happy with our dinners.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

Exquisite presentation & service at a charming, small town eatery with delightful food choices across the entire menu. This is a gem & I've never had a bad meal here, or met an unappreciative member of the staff.
Suggest you make a reservation for any of the week-end eves in
the afternoon.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Four of us came here for dinner before a concert at Tanglewood on the 4th of July. It was a wonderful way to begin our evening and dinner was sensational. This is one of the go to place to come to dinner if you are in West Stockbridge or Lenox, and you should stop by for dinner if you are ever in the area.

Things started off well when I had a delicious Blood Orange Old Fashioned, which I nursed throughout dinner. For appetizers, I had the oysters. They were very good - briny and fresh with a tasty mignonette. I will say that they could have been cut a little bit better, as I had flecks of shell in three of them. Two in our party split the pasta appetizer which was very good. My boyfriend had the smoked salmon, which was pretty good.

For dinner, three of us had the duck. Since duck can be a chore to cook at home, it is something that I often like to have while dining out. It was absolutely fantastic and one of the best pieces of duck I have ever had, including duck I have had in Europe. Tender on the inside, well seasoned, fat well-rendered, and crispy. Just yummy. The other person in our party had the steak, which was also very good.

One slight issue is that they were slightly restrictive about doing substitutions. They said that the kitchen would have difficulty doing that because it could get get backed up during "event nights". I explained that I have food allergies and asked if they could substitute one side dish. They said it was unlikely. In the alternative, I asked if they could leave the problematic item off, which they did. It turns out that we came substantially after the rush and after the concert started, so they could have accommodated the request. In the end, it didn't matter because there was more than enough food.

All in all, dinner was great and we had a lovely evening. I would definitely return and recommend it.