“Surprisingly good!”

Cal's Wood-Fired Grill & Bar
Price range: USD 12 - USD 26
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Myron
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I met a friend here for lunch at his suggestion, expecting this to be a mediocre chain. To my pleasant surprise, I had an excellent lunch. I had a very fresh chicken salad with lot of fresh vegetables. The chicken was hot, the salad was cold- just perfect. My friend's soup and sandwich was reasonably priced and looked delicious. But I have to remark on the atmosphere-- the restaurant was very nice and welcoming inside. This also surprised me. Service was excellent, prices reasonable. Will be back.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

2nd time at Cal’s while traveling through MA. 2nd time excellent. Highly recommended! Service is perfect!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised as to breadth of taste in all of the dishes we shared. I would dare say there is no single bad dish here. There were 9 in our party and we all shared our dishes and they were great. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We were visiting in West Springfield and our motel suggested Cal's as a good locally owned restaurant. We were with our 2 grandchildren. The food was good and they had a children's menu. Our waiter, Walter, was fabulous. He anticipated our needs so we did not have to ask. He offered the children some extra french fries to keep them happy since they finished their food before ours. There is a large menu so there is a choice for everyone. We spoke with the manager who also was very friendly.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Went to this restaurant and after attending the great New England Air Show at Westover Air Force Base. Picked out of a hat and it was a pleasant surprise. Great atmosphere, great food and great service. Very reasonably priced and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again or would I hesitate to recommend it to others.