“Solid Seafood near the Big E Fairgrounds”
Review of Lattitude

Lattitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Lattitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Exposition Terrace
Transit: There is a Public Transit stop before the restaurant outside of GNC.
Description: Lattitude is quickly becoming the place to see and be seen with its Boston / San Francisco feel. Reservations are stronly recommended on a daily basis in this Chef-Owned and operated restaurant. Executive Chef Jeffrey Daigneau has taken casual dining to a whole new level with his unique, continually changing menu and farm to table concept. You will find exceptional menu items from fried Brussels Sprouts and Dayboat Scallops to Traditional Spanish Seafood Paella; an extensive wine list from Pinot Grigios to Malbecs and a variety of specialty martinis, Lattitude has what it takes to leave you with an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely sit down casual bar and seafood restaurant near the Big E exhibition grounds. We were at the Big E and had lunch here afterwards.

The building doesn’t look like much, but inside was nice and cozy. There’s a bar side and main dining room.

We had fresh raw oysters and little neck clams that were excellent. The steamers (clams and mussels) was in a lovely garlic white wine broth, huge and great value for $16 (fresh but slightly over cooked, so a little chewy), the scallop risotto was ok (huge portion for the price). The fried Brussel sprouts were also excellent.

It’s seafood, so not cheap but fairly priced and solid for the convenience. We’d come back.

1  Thank LuvtoSafari

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I have stopped here a few times in past years for lunch and dinner. On my most recent visit I was once again very disappointed by my experience. I came here for a quick bite to eat, for dinner. I walked in and sat myself at the bar( didn’t see anyone there to seat or direct me ( was around 5:30 to 6:30 pm on a warm evening. The door to restaurant was opened because of it being a beautiful day and maybe five people sitting at bar and quite a few more on their attractive outdoor patio, I glimpsed as I walked by, after parking my car. I sat there a good ten mins before someone( girl) acknowledged my presence. Employees, stood right in front of me ( wait staff) looking at me quizzically as I sat there. I said “Could you tell me who is the bartender?” She waved her hand in direction of the kitchen and said “He is in there...he’ll be out!” I waited another 5 mins meanwhile girl & Guy gabbed in corner( when you walk in door. The bartender came out( someone I had never seen before) and went to two other people repeatedly at bar( obviously regulars) asking if they wanted another drink! What the heck? To make a long story short, I got off my seat went over(“Yeah, I will be over in a min., he yelled to me and back in kitchen he went). Another person he obviously knew came in and sat down and he went right to her????? What the heck! I again got up and asked him for service nicely & he zipped by me tossing a menu on the counter! The other couple left but now he stood talking to other employees! I “still can’t believe the horrible service!” I asked what draft they had “IMPORTED” and he said “NONE!” You can buy bottle! Off he went. I wanted to ask him questions on menu and beers but he kept disappearing in kitchen where I begin to wonder if he was socializing w/ kitchen staff because only three of us at bar now, counting me! The patio was busy and staff kept going behind bar for things, made eye contact with me, I smiled, they looked at me blankly and walked away, towards patio! Unbelievable! I finally got a beer( asked him questions for looking for a non-hoppy ale type beer, he shrugged his shoulders. Sooo I selected one( hoppy and couldn’t drink it) after 30 full mins, “EASY!” Fortunately I was not in a rush. I looked at menu( bartender never came back to ask me what I wanted) and I didn’t see much of a selection for entrees. They are “very expensive and limited menu.” I chased him down, wait again entree came out and I was not impressed. Food was cold( probably sat there for awhile) and my appetizers , a mixture of mussels, clams & chorizo in sauce) came out with main dish, along w/ shrimp charged “per shrimp!” There were hardly any clams, mostly inexpensive mussels in the one appetizer but was very good! The two cocktail shrimp were large and good but it came with my fish entree which was ice cold. I started to eat it the min it came. Bartender never came to ask about horrible entree, how my food was, did I want another drink....”nothing!” I had to scream over to him( bar two sided) that I wanted my bill. Expensive restaurant w/ poor, limited selections( on entrees). Glass for my beer not iced, like most restaurants! I will absolutely not be back to this place ever again! Food, not good, one appetizer good but mostly mussels so not happy and my two shrimp cocktail good but “SERVICE?” Worse I have ever had! Whole experience was horrendous ( I worked in hospitality business for yrs so I know what good service is)! Bartender worse ever, obviously only caring for his regulars who most likely tip him well. He cared more about socializing with two people and restaurant staff than taking care of new customers! I won’t be back!

1  Thank PekepooEmma
Reviewed 31 May 2018

lunch recently, ate at the bar, service was pleasant and interesting, we had the clams and mussels appetizer, the mussels were outstanding, the clams chewy, but flavor was excellent, had a steak salad and a steak and cheese sandwich, both very good, nice outside seating area that we might have tried but didn't notice when we entered...very good

Reviewed 28 May 2018

A very pleasant surprise as we have never been there before and did not know what to expect. My wife and I were overwhelmed by the atmosphere, food and waitstaff.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Unbelievable service, unique menu items, super presentation with flair and excitement very seldom encountered. Fried Brussels Sprouts (no breading) are a MUST. Nice microbrew selections. Very attentive and knowledgeable wait people. i can't wait to go back!

Been to Lattitude? Share your experiences!