“Wonderful B & B and owners !”
Review of The Tern Inn

The Tern Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 West Harwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Sue and Dan are wonderful people and very helpful - great hospitality and also tourism advice. The breakfasts are great. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. Our family vacation [including (3) cottages and a room in the Inn] was memorable and fun. The location is well situated to see all of Cape Cod, from Plymouth to Provincetown. Pat, Jerome and Brandon

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Dan E, Owner at The Tern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for the awesome review! Your entire family had so much fun. Your late night family card games were filled with lots of laughter. Our wonderful guests from Canada are some of the most fun loving people on Earth. We know we'll see many of you again next year. We hope you come back soon, as well.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We had the opportunity to stay at the inn in one of the family rentals for a week. We LOVED it! The innkeepers, Dan and Sue, were the perfect guides to help our family of four (with two teenagers) have one of our best family vacations. Their inn was immaculate and centrally located, which made it easy to travel all over Cape Cod - and believe me we did! What sets their inn apart is the love the owners have for Cape Cod and providing as much assistance/advice visitors may need. After years of travelling with our family, the Tern Inn is our favorite and we plan to return.

Room Tip: The size of your party is the only thing to keep in mind.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Dan E, Owner at The Tern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Unbelievable! Sue and I are so humbled by your words. We do love Cape Cod and we love our guests. Your family had the greatest time. You are like explorers! I think you traveled though every part of the Cape. You did not waste a single moment. You took the time to smell the roses every day. It's guests like you who inspire us to do what we do. Thank you! We hope you return to us soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I had a nightmare of a time booking through bedandbreakfast.com. I started freaking out as this is a surprise trip for my boyfriend and I's anniversary. I called the Tern Inn and was called back promptly by the owner, Dan. What amazing customer service! He held the exact room I wanted, and even gave me advice on how to make sure I was refunded properly through the previous nightmare booking. I am beyond thrilled to be giving my business to such a brilliant owner. I cannot wait to enjoy my time here, I can already tell why the reviews are so exceptional! I encourage all, if you have any issues with your booking through a third party site, don't give up. Call the Tern Inn directly, they will take care of you!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Dan E, Owner at The Tern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hi Cassidy! Your review was very kind. You also deserve credit for calling me directly after you weren't satisfied with the answers you were given from the booking agent. We were able to do exactly what needed to be done for you. We look forward to meeting you and your boyfriend and for you to experience everything at The Tern Inn.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We have been renting the Gazebo cottage for years now. Just returned from another amazing stay. There is not a shortage of accommodations on Cape Cod, and we have tried a few different places. What keeps us coming back to the Tern Inn is the rare combination of having the independence of staying at a cottage (come and go as we want, cook our own meals, etc.), but able to enjoy 2 acres of well-kept grounds with a pool, get great tips and stories from the inn keepers (Dan and Sue), and meet fellow travellers.

The cottages are very well maintained, tastefully decorated, and they also offer light housekeeping to keep things fresh (a bonus when we are staying for more than a week). We have 2 kids and the pool and basketball net got a LOT of use!

Dan and Sue really go out of their way to accommodate the needs of their guests. When we arrived at the Tern Inn, the warm welcome we received made it feel more like visiting old friends than just being on vacation.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Dan E, Owner at The Tern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hi HaveFunTraveller! You guys are the best! What a generous review. Your stay of 2 weeks was way too short! For people who are interested in booking one of our awesome Cottages, your review is exactly what we would like everyone to know. I admit, we have the cutest Cottages on Cape Cod.....Sue and I miss seeing you all everyday and hearing about your adventures. Thank you for pre-booking for 2018 and we hope you'll be able to add the second week, as well......See you soon....

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was our first visit to Cape Cod and a friend recommended The Tern Inn. The grounds are beautiful and the room was pristine and charming. Dan and Sue, the innkeepers, were so welcoming when we arrived that it felt like we had known them for years. They have a thorough knowledge of the area and every recommendation they made for us was spot on, and by far they helped us make the most of the short time that we had there. Fantastic breakfast, and they bent over backwards to accommodate us, even preparing us a to go breakfast when we had to leave early for the airport. When we return there is no way we would ever stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Staci M
Dan E, Owner at The Tern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Staci! We are so happy that you had a great time at our Inn and on the Cape. We enjoyed our conversations with you both, as well. Everything you made mention of was the result of us trying to create an oasis for all of our precious guests. Next time you and Aaron come, please stay longer. There's so much more for you to explore and enjoy!
Our breakfasts are always fun. I love making my signature Wild Maine Blueberry Pancakes for our guests. The fluffy Omelets and delicious French Toast as well as Sue's creative Cranberry-Blueberry Nut Muffin Bread Pudding are also wildly popular. I'm trying to entice you guys back........Hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Harwich
Cape Cod Wishing Well
#5 of 7 in West Harwich
0.9 km away
The Platinum Pebble Boutique Inn

Been to The Tern Inn? Share your experiences!