“Limited but fresh buffet, accommodating to vegetarians”

Jin's Fine Asian Cuisine
Ranked #29 of 72 Restaurants in Wellesley
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2017

The decor in the restaurant is lovely, and apart from the loud Chinese pop music, it is quiet enough for conversation. The buffet is refreshed as needed and the sushi chef willingly prepared avocado and cucumber sushi to suit the vegetarian in our group. Nice vegetables, including pickled daikon, seaweed salad, king mushrooms and snow peas, as well as mixed vegetables. Decent squid and har gow shrimp dumplings.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I gauge an Asian restaurant by their Hot and Sour Soup. Jin's is just so-so. Other items we found okay, but not outstandinghe chicken with veggies prawn with Ginger/Scallions. Again, okay, but not great. High marks for the Beijing Ravioli. Sorry, we need a great asian restaurant in Wellesley!!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

WORST DINING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
If I could give Jin's sushi a negative 5 stars, I would without hesitation. My girlfriend and I live just around the corner and order take out from Jin's about once a month. It's the only sushi place around, nothing great, but if you are craving sushi, it's serviceable. We decided last night to walk down and dine in for the first time. The inside was nice enough, it has a good drink list, the ambience is casual and low key. We ordered 2 rolls of sushi and 2 braised beef ramen. The sushi came out and was fine, as usual. Then, the waiter delivered our ramen orders. We each ate one bite and stopped, needing to immediately spit into our napkins.
The broth was clearly made from a cube, and was insanely salty. The braised beef was beyond inedible, it was super thick, grossly fatty and so chewy we had to spit it out onto the plate. I held out hope for the noodles to at least be passable - not even close - they were incredibly gummy, almost like they had not been cooked, and the flavor was grainy. My first reaction was that the broth must not have gotten to optimal temperature for the noodles and beef to be cooked all the way through. I am not a super picky eater or diner, and have only ever sent one thing back to the kitchen in my life (because it had a chunk of plaster in it). But, the ramen (which, let's be real, is not super hard to make) was so bad I thought the restaurant should be aware in case there was an issue in the kitchen.
I called the server over and whispered, as to not make a scene, explaining the situation and hoping that he might be willing to remove the ramen from our bill. He took our bowls and told us that the manager would be by to speak to us. When the manager came over to our table, she immediately started yelling at us with a raised voice, claiming that the chef (who is a co-owner) was refusing to take our ramen off the bill because it was made perfectly. We were startled at how aggressive her response to our request was. She proceeded to get louder as she told us that they only make 10 braised beef ramens per day because they are so special (although this fact is not advertised anywhere on the menu or dining area) and that they have never had one complaint about the dish. She became more irate then questioned how much we actually knew about ramen.
We kept smiling at her, asking her to lower her voice and explaining that in our opinion, something was not right with the food. She then went back into the kitchen, retrieved both of our ramens, brought them back to the table and shoved the bowls in our faces so that she could 'teach us' about the proper way to make ramen. I thanked her, told her that I wasn't interested in a teaching lesson during our dinner experience, and asked for the check. She didn't stop. I asked 3 more times for the check. The manager still argued, and would not move away from our table so that we could leave. When we finally were able to get the check, they still charged us in full. The whole event was incredibly embarrassing, stressful and unnecessary.
Needless to say, we will never be going back here for take out or dining in, again. I have never in my life been treated so poorly as a customer. If you value respect, good food and hospitable hosts, go elsewhere.

2  Thank DigitalTrailblazers
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Our family loves this place because it has typical Chinese dishes, as well as miso and sushi. That means everyone can get exactly what they want. Service is always great, and pretty quick. It's perfect for a night when you can't decide, don't want to cook etc. yum!

Reviewed 12 July 2017

A favorite , for dinner and lunch with the sushi on the Lunch Buffet.
Usually crowded at peak times.Parking can be found withing a 5 to 10 minute walk.