“Top notch view, food and service!”
Review of Point Breeze

Point Breeze
Ranked #26 of 55 Restaurants in Webster
Price range: USD 9 - USD 26
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Whether you are looking for casual dining, a place to watch the game, grab a drink or live music/entertainment to host a private function or a place to get married, Point Breeze offers beautiful indoor and and outdoor settings on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg perfect for any occasion.
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Our friends took us out on their boat on Sunday. There were 11 of us. My friend had the number in her phone. She called ahead, spoke with Gail, and we headed on in.

We had a table on the deck. Shane was our server - and was fantastic. Attentive, and spot on. We had drinks and many apps.

OMG - the steamers and mussels were so fresh. The fried clams were sweet and light batter. The blackened shrimp cocktail was scrumptious. The chicken tenders delish. I personally did not eat the oysters, but the guys loved them! And the clams casino was great.

Now - the Bloody Mary with Tito's was incredible. We also had the Captain's Booty, which was enjoyed. Then regular beer and mixed drinks.

Gail, the hostess checked in on us, was so pleasant, and Shane was exactly who I would want representing my establishment. A smile that was like sunshine, never annoyed repeating himself, and answered all our questions.

Hopefully our friends will invite us back on their boat, and then we will be back for sure!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I would be totally embarrassed to have my daughter or son married at this place. I can only imagine what guests must think. The restaurant is a rundown dump. The first thing I notice when walking in is the smell of the disgusting rest rooms. The next thing I notice is how filthy the place is. The tables and chairs are grimy & sticky and have probably not been cleaned properly in years. Who knows what may be living under those tables. The food, when it finally arrives is edible but nothing special. I would rate this place a dismal 1 on a scale of 0 - 10.
The restaurant owner also owns the adjoining marina which mirrors the condition of the restaurant. Most of the docks are completely rotted and falling apart. Carpenter ants and various other insects can usually be seen crawling over the docks. You need to take care when walking in the area not to step on dog droppings, used condoms, glass, etc. A couple of drunks pulled up in a boat one day when I was there with my wife and one of them decided to urinate beside the car my wife was standing next to. What a terrible family experience.
The marina has a gas station that charges an exorbitant price for gas with regular costing nearly $5/gallon. Recently one of the gas station attendants pumped 13 gallons of gas inside the engine compartment of a Jet Ski instead of the gas tank. Wow, scary. Why is someone this incompetent allowed to pump gas? The Jet Ski could have blown up killing everyone in the area including the restaurant.
My recommendation is to steer clear of this place.

1  Thank RAJH56
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I will say a few good things: 1. Point Breeze is situated very nicely right on Webster Lake; 2. At the time of our visit, the ladies’ room was clean, looked fairly updated, and was well stocked with soap and paper products; and 3. The dirt parking lot has, thankfully, been paved (it’s been over twenty years since I had a meal at Point Breeze, and I have no idea when the paving took place). But the lot does not have any designated handicapped spaces, not as far as we could see (isn’t that against the law?). Those things said, not much else was positive or impressive.

SERVICE: Not great. Although the restaurant portion of the facility was not at all busy at the time of our 1:30 p.m. arrival, it took several minutes before a hostess finally acknowledged our presence and seated us (the fact that they had a private party going on in another room at the same time might have had something to do with it). We waited quite a few minutes more before our waiter came to our table (I don’t know his name because he never told us, and we never asked). We were seated at a small table near a window (we originally wanted to sit on their deck, but nixed that idea as it was quite hot and humid, and none of the tables had umbrellas to shield us from the strong sun). We promptly put in our drinks order (a bit difficult due to our waiter’s uncertainty as to if they had diet Sprite or not). Mystery Waiter left our table (presumably, to fetch our drinks), but returned a few minutes later (sans drinks), to take our food order. He did not return for another 20 minutes or so, at which time, he appeared carrying both the drinks and the food.

FOOD: Terrible---definitely not what we remember the food being. This visit, we were on a mission to partake of solely chowder (they only offer white or red---no clear, Rhode Island-style quahog chowder that the Point Breeze of the past used to serve), and fritters (clam cakes). The order of 6 six fritters we split were of varying sizes (see photos), and were the densest fritters we have ever had. They were pasty, chewy, tasteless, and contained almost no chopped clams. The white chowder was under-seasoned and did not have a clam/seafood flavor at all. It was as if the cook (I will not use the term “chef” as the food did not warrant its use) used water instead of clam juice/broth as the base. It was loaded with large potato chunks and celery slices, but had very few clam pieces. In fact, I found more pieces of bacon in my chowder than clams. After consuming the lead/paste balls, a.k.a. clam fritters, and chowder, we felt weighted down and bloated---we did not enjoy the meal at all. Sure glad we didn’t opt for more expensive items as we probably would have been disappointed with those as well.

ATMOSPHERE/NOISE LEVEL: Very noisy. A private (not so much) birthday party was going on in the room adjacent to the main dining room. The room was partitioned with beams only, not walls, and we and each and every other diner could hear and see all the dull speeches, revelry, eating, etc., that was going on next door. Not a good set-up for a private event.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Although it is a beautiful setting with great views, we won’t go back for such subpar food and service.

1  Thank lynninma
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Looked forward to eating out on patio, had to wait 20 minutes for a table, no problem. Was seated waited about 10 minutes for waitress to come and take drink order, I ordered a glass of water and a martini, no problem. Waitress brought the glasses of water and took our order, I asked about my Martini, thinking she might have forgot because she didn't mention it, she said the bar was backed up, no problem. Placing order I requested New England clam chowder, was told they were out, little problem. Received our clam fritters, minus one, my husband joked maybe some was hungry an ate it on the way. Still no Martini, it has been about 1/2 hour, becoming a problem. Sat waiting for salads or our meal which ever comes first, now it's been 1 hour and stilll no Martini, now a problem. People were seated next to us ordered drinks and appetizers. They get their drinks in about 5-10 minutes and then their appetizers come. This I after we have been waiting 1 hour and 10 minutes, it has become a big problem, because not only had I still not received my Martini, but we never saw our waitress. I had enough and decided to leave. I went to the front desk and requested to speak to the manager, she was apoligetic and after we told her our story she offered to give us a $25 gift card to come back and give them another try. One thing I did notice is that the waitress still seem to pay more attention to the bigger tables parties. . I am not sure if I will return or not. They say that over time we learn to forgive and forget, we will have to wait and see!

1  Thank TravelerShrewsbury
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Great place for dinner or just a drink on their patio They also have great entertainment for you to enjoy

Been to Point Breeze? Share your experiences!