“The beef empanadas are to die for”
Review of La Casa De Pedro

La Casa De Pedro
Reserve with OpenTable
La Casa De Pedro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Watertown
Price range: USD 13 - USD 30
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, Spanish, Venezuelan
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: MBTA Bus 70 runs next to us
Description: Come experience a true taste of Venezuelan hospitality and fine Spanish cuisine in Watertown, MA, just minutes from downtown Boston and Cambridge. Sip a Passion Fruit Mojito or one of Pedro"s Specialty Margaritas while dining on our beautiful outdoor patio. Savor Venezuelan specialties like Pabellón Criollo, Camarones al Ajillo, Paella and other lovingly created Latin American dishes. Pedro's restaurant offers semiprivate dining for large groups and functions such as business meetings, private parties, wedding receptions, anniversaries and other celebrations. Share delicious, traditionally prepared Latin American food and drinks and create warm memories with friends and family… Join us in celebrating life, love and friendship amid the upbeat tempo and tropical color of Pedro's "casa" at The Arsenal on the Charles in Watertown.
Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Great place to go have a cocktail and good food.great in the summer when the outdoor dinning are is open. My go to dish is the buenos tempos

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Wonderful seafood paella, and one serving is enough for two people. This is the place I take out of town visitors, it never disappoints. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that most of their main dishes come with the same sides - plantains and yuca, and I don't care for either, so I am very restricted in what I can order. Tho I will say last time I was there I had a wonderful fish dish so I didn't care what the sides were. I feel very lucky that this restaurant is in my town.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

We have been going to Casa de Pedro since he first opened in Watertown Square.
Still the same wonderful food; my favorite, Sopa de Mama. It can be noisy and crowded; the trick is to pick a booth at off-peak hours or days.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

My wife & I with another couple had dinner on Friday 1/22. Not a good night to pick - jammed with families and a rollicking, LOUD Mexican band. You literally could not hear someone speaking in a normal voice across the table. The good news: the décor was unusual, modern, & visually attractive.

I've had a great deal of Mexican food over 40+ years in Southern California, Mexico, & all over the US, ranging from outstanding to awful. Unfortunately, these dishes were mediocre, starting with the less-than-ordinary chips & salsa, then going downhill from there. And the margaritas had almost no discernable tequila. Bottled beer was OK & the tequila flights were excellent for comparative tasting.

Service was hurried & inattentive. Food was consistently over-priced.

Despite all the glowing reviews on TA, I'd advise CAUTION & strongly recommend that you find a better Mexican restaurant.

3  Thank RalphSchmitt
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Great place! Wonderful latin dinner. Sanusa helped us in a very kind and professional way. Food is fantastic, lots of good quality meals.. Beautiful place to visit. Easy parking. I will return and recommend. Thank you!!!