“Just the two of us”
Review of Harbor Landing

Harbor Landing
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vineyard Haven
Harbor Landing
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Vineyard Haven
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were there for the week of June 17 to 24. It was cozy clean getaway. We would stay again. It's in good shape for being built in 1976. Its quaint. We liked the community kitchen. We had a small kitchen in our room.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Harbor Landing

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Clean, bright and well equipped. Lovely friendly manager and staff. The kitchen is well equipped and helped save on eating out. Fantastic central location - a good hub to reach all parts of the island. A great base for a relaxed vacation.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 29 May 2017

My stay at Harbor Landing was not luxurious or of Motel 6 quality. The room was extremely small with two twin beds up against the wall. I hit my knee on the wall more than once during my night sleep. There was no chair in the room to sit; only sitting option was on the bed. The TV was up near the ceiling. The bathroom was so small I had to close the door to use the shower and commode. The only free sample the hotel provided was soap; no lotion. There was no microwave in the room; Had to go downstairs to the kitchen on the first floor to heat any food. I was on the third floor. All of my towels were rough like sand paper against my skin. There was a dorm size refrigerator in the room. The hallways were so small that I could only carry one luggage at a time. They were definitely not handicapped accessible or meet ADA standards. There was no elevator. I lived on the third floor where the hallway lights were on a timer to be lit around 6 p.m. to dawn. The hallway was too dark for me to see my keys in my purse. I complained to the Manager, Vickie McNamara, and the hotel receptionist several times, but to no avail. Ms. McNamara told me that if I wanted them on 24/7 the hallway would be lighted 24/7, but her word was only good for that one day. All of the other floors had lighted hallways. Ms. McNamara told me that if I wanted to move to another floor, then I would have to pay for an upgrade. It was clear she was only concerned about making a profit and not customer safety. I told her that I had never stayed in a hotel where the hallway was dark and not lighted. She said the hallway didn't need lights on in the day because there was light coming in from the window at the end of the hall. I explained to her that she put me in a room in the middle of the hallway where the light barely reached. She didn't care that I had to walk to the end of the hallway to see inside my purse for the room key. Customer Service or Safety was not the manager's priority. On the other hand, the housekeeping staff from Jamaica were very pleasant and provided good daily housekeeping service. The hotel is in a good location adjacent to the harbor/ferry office. That is the best thing about the hotel is it's location. I wouldn't stay there again or recommend the hotel to family members and friends. The pictures of the hotel and advetisement on the website are definitely not the reality of the experience if you are accustomed to staying at a resort or in a condo.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank marvin362
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Loved this place for a weekend visit, rooms clean, staff helpful and cheerful, best deal on the vineyard will recommend it all to all my friends in future. Very central for all local amenities and restaurants. Will definitely stay here again. Thanks to Vicki and all her staff.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank muffinirish
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Have a look at the other reviews. Its almost like they don't want people to stay there. The rooms are very small. The TV in my room was mounted up near the ceiling. The was the strong smell of a water leak. Manager was not nice. She needs to be fired. Where are the owners of this place?

Room Tip: Go someplace else
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Vineyard Haven

Been to Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!