See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Kg Genting is the first stop from the ferry so that might be a plus point. The first thing that you need to do is to climb stairs to reach the resort. This can be consider as a form of exercise. For the price of RM320, 3D2N accommodation, ferry trip return, and snorkeling trip is included. I consider it as a fair price although the accommodation is not what I would say a 4 stars place. As the time that I went was a little slow on the business, he actually allowed me to choose between staying in a wooden house or a brick house - and being adventurous, of course I choose the wooden house. It was a little rundown but I find it much more cozy compared to the brick house. Other than that on the accommodation, this is the first place where I have to wash the toilet by myself on the first day as there was a weird smell.

As for food provided, its typical Malaysian - Malay food where there is spices involved but I love Malaysian food. Besides, each meal always have chicken AND fish. I got no complain on that.

In terms of customer service, I would give them 4.5 stars. While it rained heavily one of the night, he actually came and send the food. One of the staff even woke us up when our ferry was due to arrive. They missed the 0.5 star on the fact that I have to clean the toilet by myself but still they deserve the stars for being so thoughtful.

Now, the location itself of Kg Genting - if you are on a budget, here would be a better place. If you are looking to conquer the whole beach at night, this would be the place. If you are looking for peace and quiet, I guess this would be the place.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EuniceGM
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Had stayed in island reef resort room for 4 in 22 july 2016- 24 july 2016 during my advance dive course. the stay organized by dive centre. the room no.9 hot water shower dispenser spoilt and we have to shower in middle of the night 3am with cold shower.
The breakfast served is bad, very few choices- nasi lemak, sambal, hard boil egg, fried noodle, bread with jam, peanut, butter.

Room Tip: no hot water in room, bad meal served
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Very quiet stay. But the rooms is small. flooring is damaged. very budget accomodation. Breakfast and lunch was good ! dinner was ok. The food generally served is good. There is no hot water. no wifi.

You can have better food down the hill. But because we had a Singapore Dive operator trying to cut corners, had no choice to choose resorts we wanted. Among the few operators along Genting, Island Reef is the better lot.

Trust me. This is the better resort compared to the other's that i've stayed in Genting and Salang.

Room Tip: There is 3-4 rooms in a concrete building, i supposed they had better rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

Perhaps this is a good choice for persons looking out for budget stay. The quad share huts were pretty run down - the toilet need a few flushes, the sink was alittle shaky, the water heater was not working, the air conditioning working pretty erratically. The beds were clean to sleep on. The food may not taste great but still edible.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jacelyn L
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Was put up here by my dive operator, possibly for its close proximity to the jetty. But to get to your rooms, you would need to climb up some stairs. Not recommended for really old people or those who think they can come in and out many times a day. Lunch and dinner is terrible, tasteless. Breakfast is ok, because its just bread and toast, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter, jam and tea. I thought the rooms are clean and well built with a balcony outside to rest on. There is hot water that works, but dont expect alot of water pressure. Patience is key. Air-conditioning works fine and you can adjust its temp - you will be playing with this alot. There are some nice areas to relax at the lobby if you like to mingle. Not a bad place but dont set any expectations. Oh yeah, there is no WIFI, even if they tell you there is.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends