“Delightful treat”

Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

I wanted to sample something different from the standard sushi restaurant offerings - I was pleasantly surprised. With great help from my server, I started with the spicy yellowtail and then moved on to the seared toro (see the pictures). I couldn't resist just a bit more and had an absolutely delicious shiitake roll with crunchy tempura shiitake inside and covered with more shiitake. Finished with a "lemon basket" of fresh creamy uni served with a shiso leaf. A slightly dry sake was a perfect accompaniment. Great service and food.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Really good and fresh sushi. The staff was really friendly and have good service. Price was a little higher than I an used to but the sushi was definitely delicious and fresh.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

The ability to experience great sushi is certainly here. The service is fast, efficient and professional with a marked courtesy. The chicken soup for two is exceptional. The sushi list is very well represented. Although a small restaurant, the food is the main draw. The freshness is also a plus.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

A very wide variety of fresh well prepared sushi. I also had the Chilean Sea bass that was flavorful and cooked perfect. Price of food was in the upper range of most Japanese restaurants (about 75 dollars a person). The decor was a bit dark and dreary.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Dark, classy, mysterious...every time I walk into Oishii in Sudbury I feel like I'm about to embark on a "sushi journey to Asia". The food is always exceptional, however when the bill arrives, I feel as though I've bought a plane ticket for my "sushi journey to Asia"!