“Easter brunch”

Publick House Historic Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Publick House Historic Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of 7 enjoyed Easter brunch at the publick house! The food was wonderful and there were so many options!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed here the night before a Saturday morning wedding. The staff was very helpful, the room was clean albeit small, but that is to be expected in a historic inn. The coffee was excellent, we didn't order anything from the bake shop, but did eat off the breakfast buffet. I thought the buffet was unremarkable, but the food was good. Our waitress needed some training. She was not attentive, nor did she appear to care. The staff kept telling us we would receive a discount in the dining room. When it came time to eat, no discount for the buffet, and that was all they had for the morning. Hmmm, seems pretty easy to get that right.

I was slightly disappointed in the size of our room based solely on the price. The room was fine, but it seemed there were no other rooms available for the weekend at the time of booking. That was clearly not the case when I heard of several others including my daughter being upgraded. Not sure what was up there. We had a nice stay and the facility puts on a very nice wedding. The wedding coordinator was excellent. I would recommend this spot for an event. Plenty of good places to eat nearby if your guests come for a longer stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The food is fantastic, eating downstairs is great for a couple. Check the internet for coupons. BOGO Monday Tuesday, can not beat the deal. Take your receipt to bakery and get 10% off. Becarefull was parking, one way from Main st, on right side of building.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I had a great time but wish the food were a little better as I will be returning. It wasn’t horrible but could have been better.

I was at an event and had the pre ordered corned beef dinner. The one I will make at home will be a lot better. Theirs was somewhat dry and the cabbage was undercooked. The corned beef itself was great. It would have been nice to have some of the cooking juices with it. The boiled potatoes and turnips were great and I like that they dared to serve a less common vegetable. The carrots were just those ordinary pre prepared baby carrots, not the sliced ones you would expect.

Some people at my table loved the vegetarian lasagna they ordered. The squash soup was a good beginning to the meal. 2 types of mustard, vinegar and whipped butter were put on the table. The bread baskets were filled with the famous Publick House sticky buns everyone loves. I always like their coffee. I liked the ice cream part of the dessert and think others enjoy the apple pastry.

My guest and I purchased things from the bakery on the way out. The prices there are very reasonable. The eclairs were great. The linzar cookie was so so.

The Publick House is fun to visit and there is plenty of parking.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This place was great. A little confusing to find our room Bc it is set up strange but the room was wonderful. Clean, eccentric decoration, & the food is the restaurant was delicious! Will stay again!