“late lunch after apple picking”
Review of Emma's Cafe

Emma's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Stow
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 27 September 2017

My family has been going to honey pot hills for apple picking each fall for years and part of the tradition was always to get pizza afterwards. Well, when our favorite pizza place was closed we had to quickly find something else and Emma's was convenient. We were a bit surprised when we went in at 1:30ish that the place was still packed. But the kids were thrilled when they saw that they offer breakfast all day. All three immediately went for pancakes: two chocolate chips, one strawberry. The menu also featured a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, and soups as well as the breakfast options. I decided to get the sandwich of the day which featured ham and brie. There were no tables available inside when we first walked in but it was clear that a couple were about to empty and we luckily got a table before our food was ready. The atmosphere of the place was nice, it was bright and clean and it had a couple of comfy looking seats as well as the tables. The food came out and the pancakes were HUGE. The kids meal only gave you one pancake but that pancake was the size of the entire plate. It was more than enough food for my hungry kiddos. My sandwich was good but nothing outstanding. One nice thing that happened was that I had ordered an ice tea and when I tasted it, I didn't like it. Not sure if it was the tea variety used to make it or if it was slightly old or what but I went up to the counter and asked if I could just have water instead with no expectation of any reimbursement or anything but the employee was concerned and told me to just go help myself to something different from the packaged drink cooler. Overall, our impression of the place was that it was certainly adequate and we would go there again. It is however slightly expensive, I think, for lunch. Three kids meals, my sandwich and 4 drinks was over $40.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was hesitant to have lunch at Emma's because there were only a couple 4 people eating when I walked in. The place is an insipid combination of food fountain seating arrangement; convenience store order/pay area; and daycare at a T station. Zero ambiance. Zero charm.
As for the food, I never thought anyone running an eatery could mess up a simple panini. Well, I stand corrected.
White wonder bread, with store-bought basil pesto sparingly spread. Cheap, oily cheese. The kind that turns hard once it cools after melted. But what killed it for me was the fully-cooked, frozen chicken breast from the Walmart frozen section. The chicken was microwaved. It was dry and without a pinch of seasoning. It had freezer bites, for Pete's sake!
Then, I had a miniature side of potato salad. Boiled, red potatoes with some green onion, and a tiny bit of mayo (?). Zero flavor. Zero heart put into the meal.
I couldn't finish the meal. Took a couple of bites. Dumped the whole thing, and walked away. As I should have, to begin with, had I followed my gut instinct.

3  Thank culture-hip
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I really want to like Emma's. I think the staff work really hard and they have created a great environment in a town that has very few restaurants. While the place is always clean and friendly, I find the food consistently mediocre and sometimes a bit pricier than I'd expect. I've had their turkey chili - it tasted like it was out of a can. I've had their sandwiches - they generally taste bland. I've been about four times in total. Every time I wished it would be better than my last visit BUT every time I left feeling disappointed. I really hope that the owner will read this review because I think with a few small tweaks they can make ok food, and an ok experience overall, really great.

1  Thank kevincarter
Reviewed 4 April 2017

Over the last couple years we have had the pleasure of tasting Emma's Cafe food at a Wine tasting at the liquor store nearby to them. The food was exceptional not what you would expect for catered food. We had a beef tenderloin brushetta type of food. The beef melted in your mouth. In addition we had the pleasure of talking to the owner and the chef, you can tell that they have a passion for their cooking and enjoy what they were doing. My biggest complaint is that I live 50 miles away.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I'm a regular here to get my morning Coffee and often take the family here to have breakfast on the weekend. All the food is cooked fresh and is very good. The staff and owner are very friendly and the service is quick.

Stacey B, Owner at Emma's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Thank you for the kind words!

Don't forget to follow and "like" us on Facebook as we are always posting events and Daily Specials.