“The best chinese spareribs around! Extensive menu!”
Review of Chinatown

Chinatown
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Stoughton
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2017

My friend and I were headed back to Boston and decided rather than be caught in rush hour traffic we decided to have a very early dinner at 4:00. We were not the only ones in the restaurant. It was very easy to get to the restaurant off of Route 95. We were not terribly hungry and rather than ordering dishes we each decided to order a combination plate. I do not know that many Chinese restaurants that offer combination plates for dine in at dinner time. We both enjoyed our hot and sour soup. We were delighted to learn that the combination plates we ordered came with two spare ribs as our choice of appetizer. . I opted to have the Szechuan beef and my friend felt like having chicken chow mein. The portions were a good size in fact we both took home half of our meal. I live in a town that has a lot of Chinese restaurants, but usually drive the distance to go to this restaurant a few times a year, for the portions of their dishes are good as well as the food is excellent.. This restaurant also serves crispy wontons to start. There are not many Chinese restaurants that still do this in our area.

1  Thank Voyager2480

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We were introduced to Chinatown by friends. Our host ordered and I was concerned that he hadn't ordered enough food for the two couples. Was I wrong. Each platter was very large, the 3 entrees being enough for the two couples with tons of food to take home. The spare ribs were loaded with meat, combination lo Meir also delicious. Worth the visit.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Chinatown has large portions its plenty if you order just appetizers...
I called for takeout and it was ready in 10 minutes.
I have sat and eaten there (Canton Cobbs Corner) and in the one in Brockton, both are great!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

My wife and I enjoy the food here very much. We order the spring rolls every time. The combination lunches are a great value -- a lot of food at a good price. The hot and sour soup is usually good, although on rare occasions, it has disappointed. Perhaps there was a different chef involved on those days.

We have tended to do take-out in recent months, rather than dine in at Chinatown. The reason for this is that we would often feel like we were being rushed through our meal. It didn't seem to matter how crowded or uncrowded the restaurant was, you couldn't have a leisurely meal or have time for conversation while eating. My impression was that the waiters had a goal of turning the tables over every 30 minutes, regardless of the time of day, the day or the number of other diners. So, when we eat out, which is very regularly, we go to other places in the area.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

The service was good as usual, and the food was excellent. They have a large assortment of choices, and they don't use MSG.
This is a premier Chinese restaurant.