“Great place for family time”

Davis' Farmland & Mega Maze
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Sterling
Reviewed 12 October 2017

What a wonderful place for children to learn about farms and animals. The interaction with the animals is fabulous and there are lots of varied activities for active children. The staff is wonderful and helps the children learn how to treat the animals.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"bounce house"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We went to Davis Farmland on Oct 8, 2017 There were 5 adults and 7 kids from 2-13. There was a lot to do, many simple and fun games that everyone enjoyed, 3 fire pits with plenty of lawn chairs, many picnic tables, the corn maze took us two hours! Adults, bring your license if you want one of their beers on tap, limit to 4 beers per adult. Plenty of hand sanitizer and wet wipes everywhere. Kids loved the petting zoo. We got a combo ticket but spent all day on one side so we never actually picked apples! We will next year. The food was pricey, almost $8 per beer, $11 for their Mac and cheese with pulled pork parfait, which was delicious! Hot dogs , Burgers, ribs, wings, fried dough, cotton candy, and make your own slushy station to name some of their options. Not sure if we just got lucky, but there was a band playing and they were great! I'll definitely look to see about that when planning for next year. It was perfect weather, any hotter and the maze would have been tough! Wear sneakers! Our kids wore flip flops and barely ever had them on (lots of jumping mats, blow up slides, mini golf, horseshoes, cornhole, and a soccer game where you go inside a bubble and knock each other over, so fun) and their feet were black by the time we left. We were there for about 6 hours and it went by fast, without getting to pick apples! The only thing that really bothered me is that I heard they had delicious apple donuts and went to buy a dozen. The girl said they had plenty, not to worry, so I went back an hour and a half later, and they were sold out! The kids were all disappointed. I will buy them early and store in car, but that bummed everyone out on our way out. I told them at the check in, but there's nothing they could have done. All in all a great family day and definitely learned a lot for next year!

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I paid a $3 fee for the "convenience" of buying our tickets online; I figured it was worth it to avoid having to wait in a long line. However, despite the fact that there were clearly two lines, one for prepaid (and prearranged groups) and another for everyone else, everyone was using the prepaid line (the non-prepaid line was empty); not a single person in front of us had actually prepaid, and two sets of people in front of us didn't even know what kind of tickets they wanted. When, after waiting 10 minutes to get to a register, I pointed out that buying my tickets online had cost me $3 and not gotten me expedited entry, the staff person just shrugged and said sometimes they make the lines separate, sometimes they don't. There were certainly enough unencumbered staff walking around that one of them could have been trying to maintain the separation in lines, but apparently no one thought it was a big deal.
After that, everything was fine. They keep adding stuff every year. Despite the steep admission, you can definitely get your money's worth out of a day or even an afternoon there. In fact, this year's maze actually really challenged my ASD 14 year old. Normally after the first time through, he can go back through a maze without making any wrong turns. However, this year, even after 4 times through, he was still not making it through straight. So kudos to them for making a really complex maze.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This is our fifth year in a row visiting Davis Farmland and every year we always love it.
With an assortment of farm animals to pet and get up close to, various play areas throughout for the kids, activities such as bottle feeding baby cows, helping feed the animals, there is always something to do.
After cooling off in the splash pad, we ended our day by heading off to the apple orchard to pick apples which are the best apples I've ever picked, and a great price.
Thank you Davis Farmland for another fun visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Brought my children and their cousins visiting from New York (ages 10, 10, 12, 12, 12) and had a wonderful day! I was initially apprehensive but was pleasantly surprised that our older kids had a lot of fun! The animals were so engaging and the kids had a blast interacting with them! A three day old calf named twinkle-toes was certainly a favorite! We ended the day at the sprinkler park and, again, our tweens loved it! Great job Davis Farmland!! Tickets to enter were pricy, but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit from start to finish!