Review Highlights

Northborough, Massachusetts
Best Child-centered fun in New England

Reviewed 13 October 2018
FrequentFlier36935

All reviews splash pad farm animals petting zoo hay ride spray park feed the animals pony rides mega maze animal food zip line bubble area baby goats small animals obstacle course all ages a lot of fun bubble machine
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had a fantastic time at Davis Farmland! It was a great time! The maze was really cool, though it took us toooooo much time to do it. (My dad got frustrated because my sister was dehydrated and we kinda took a short cut. But I still had I blast. I am looking forward to going for the haunted corn maze halloween deal.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

My son and I discovered Davis' Farmland over 20 years ago. We have watched it grow from a single barn with a few interesting animals to the Disney of Sterling. Over the years I have visited numerous times with other families and friends and it has never failed to delight all of us. Every possible Kid experience can be found here, from awesome animals, imaginative play areas, rides, face painting, ice cream, apple picking and their most impressive asset, an extremely patient, friendly and entertaining staff. Many kudos to the Davis family for sharing their farm and talents!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Today was a good day at the Davis Farmland Festival in Sterling, MA.
We arrived shortly after it opened. There was a short wait to get in (10 min). The admission prices were a little high (18.95/child, 21.95/ adult) but most of the activities were included in the price. It was worth it.
Upon entering, my son’s eyes lit up when he saw the petting zoo. The mini alpaca was absolutely adorable. The other animals were very cute, and friendly too. My son absolutely loved the animals, that was the highlight for him. However, there were lots of different activities from farm volleyball, a blow up jumper, laser tag, archery tag, and an amazing corn maze. Also, there were wagon carts that you pedal around a track, a tug of war rope, and a hay obstacle course. All of these activities kept my son entertained, my older daughter participated also.
After about 1 1/2 hours, we ordered some food to eat. The food was fine, nothing spectacular. We had chicken fingers, fries and a cheeseburger. But, they also had a corn on the cob station, a sweet s’more place and a bbq chicken/ meat, Mac and cheese little storefront. To drink, they did serve a variety of specialty beer brews (October Fest, Blueberry) I believe there were 10 to choose from. The also had frozen sangria and rose.
The band was great. It was Cody Rock, I believe. The band contributed to the festival atmosphere.
After about 3 hours, I was done. My daughter and I went across the street to pick apples (still a part of the Davis Farmland property). That was fun and a little break from the festival. My son stayed at the festival for an additional half hour with my husband. He probably would have stayed longer if given the opportunity.

I would recommend this fair. However, I would suggest going on a cool day. Today started out cool, so it was fine. However, when it became warmer, the festival wasn’t as fun for me. There really isn’t any shade when you are at the different activities, (Just something to keep in mind). Overall, this fair and maze is fun for the entire family. Enjoy.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

My daughter (now 7) and I have been visiting Davis since she was 1, and there is always something age appropriate and fun to do! We love the animals, and there is also a splash pad for summer that she could spend all day at. There are playgrounds, bouncy houses, a pretend village, and much more to do. The maze is so fun to do in the fall, and that part of Davis also has giant games and much more to do. We always look forward to Davis days!

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

My family and I went to Davis at end of July and they loved it. Between the camels goats tortoises donkey and other animals there was lots of animals to look at and some to feed. There is a bouncy area for the kids to play in and swings and a water park so a little for everyone. Kids especially loved part of waterpark with a bubble making machine; they would run back and forth between water and bubbles. Highly recommend this place for a day trip!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Davis Farmland yesterday with our 2 year old granddaughter. This is a perfect place for young children. It has many entertainment options like other parks, but the ones at Davis are geared toward the younger child. The little water park and bubble machine was just the perfect size for her. The food was excellent, and a variety offered, including the usual chicken fingers and fries, but also wraps and salads. There were sanitizing stations and wash stations with soap and Purell and also baby wipes at picnic tables. Staff are friendly and helpful. There are chairs and tables to sit in and you can drag them to shade an they are plentiful. Animal cages are clean and animals are clean. Just a great place to visit. Certainly will visit again.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and our 4 year old son drove about 90 minutes from CT to visit for the day. This was easily one of the best day trips we have ever taken. The place was clean, plenty of staff everywhere. The animals were all happy and well loved. The spray park was open and had extra places like a bubble machine for the kids to play in, which our son loved. There are also about 3 other playground areas throughout the park to play in, which were perfect. We will definitely be back for sure.

3  Thank Alli L
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We recently met our friends for a cloudy day at Davis, kids 9, 6.5, 3, and 2. We’ve done a lot of fun summer adventures, and I still think Davis provides a lot for price of admission, plus if it rains and they need to close you get a free pass. You can brink in outside food/drinks and we spent 6 hours there — kids would have stayed longer.

The small animals are adorable, staff is very friendly and clearly love the goats, sheep, horses etc. After, the adventure play, playground and bouncy house are wonderful imagination stations.

There are affordable and healthy lunch portions and a station to refill water bottles. One more spin by the animals and we end our day at the water splash area. They have clean changing rooms for families, plenty of seating for parents and the kids LOVE the bubble zone and human car wash. Lots of smiles and memories.

They have ice cream there or you can stop at Rota Springs on your way home. Thanks Davis for a great day!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Went back on Sunday with my now 4 and 6 year old: They both still had the time of their lives! Loved petting and feeding the animals, spent about 2 more hours in the bubble/splash pad area, and another hour doing big slide and goat carts. We arrived when they opened at 9:30 AM, and had trouble trying to leave at 4 PM, they did NOT want to go! Definitely coming back, with more family members. Was surprisingly not packed for a Sunday, I expected a zoo, not even close. Staff is extremely friendly and educated: able to answer all the girls questions about the farm animals and reptiles. Everyone at the parked seemed happy!

Reviewed 14 July 2018

Took my 5-year-old grandson. We were there for 5 hours and he didn't want to leave. Animals galore he could interact with. Spraypads for hot days. Pretend play of all types. Even a camel that will eat out of the feed cup you give him and he gives you back the empty cup. And the food a their Herd Rock Calfe is better than you would expect. Plenty of shade for adults