“Bring your appetite!”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Look, you better be hungry if you order an appetizer, a salad, and an entrée. One person ain't gonna eat all that. Holy smokes, my wife and I ate there on New Year's Eve, and we both got appetizers; me the fried oysters and her the mussels in dijonaisse cream sauce. Big 'ol platter, heaped with mussels swimming in that wonderful liquid, and my plate was piled high with fresh tender oysters lightly breaded and fried just enough. When my caeser salad arrived (with anchovy), I got about halfway through it and thought, man, I'm already full.... the fat man pressed on however, the salad was just too good to quit on. My entrée was the braised lamb shank, very tender, and infused with the essence of all the goodies it spent 5 hours in the oven with. Yum. Oh yeah, I can't forget to mention the lobster bits in tarragon cream. Lord was I full.....

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I learned not to judge a book by it's cover. The restaurant is located in a building that doesn't scream come eat here. We parked on the street and when we went into the building it took us a few seconds to figure out the door. Once we walked in we found a very nice environment.

We were seated immediately. The waitress was nice and food was reasonably priced. I had the baked haddock with fries and I ate everything but the plate. The first was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing. The entire dish was great.

My boyfriend had the flat iron steak and baked stuffed shrimp. The steak was cooked exactly how he asked and cut into slices. It was just as delicious as it looked.

I am very glad that we decided to go inside and check it out.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

So listed as an American public, this is much more! Nestled just off southbridge town center in a non description old building the entrance is a bit hard to locate at first. The feel is like pub when you first walk in but once the food is viewed and better yet experienced you are in no pub. A balanced menus of entrées to meet every palate masterfully prepared but what I can only assume is a master who bases menu on local fresh ingedients.

Friendly casual service. A must try if Southbridge is you destination.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I have eaten at the Fins and Tails, once for a dinner of eight, and once at a small banquet function for 30, in two different seasons. Both times the meals was superb, with fresh ingredients. The service was prompt, friendly and accommodating at meeting unexpected time changes during the banquet. The Main Street building is quaint and authentic, giving an atmosphere of decades of shared good times. I highly recommend dinner at Fins&Tails!

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Fins and Tales doesn't look "impressive" from the outside, but the food selection and presentation are great. Parking is in the rear. Enter from the front, first door on the right, (don't go up the stairs). There is an outdoor, seasonal, "food stand" on the side, with a takeout menu at lower prices than going inside.
Inside is a bar area and two sections with seating. I was here twice in Sept, but this review is about the second with four of us there. Both times, however, I was impressed by the friendly staff.
The specials offer good off menu options such as the stuffed or unstuffed swordfish when we were there that one of our party had. The clam chowder was good. Steaks are also on the menu. I enjoyed the fried scallops and even though the portions were on the larger size, there was no food left on any of our plates or any others I saw heading back for the kitchen. The white and red wine selections were adequate in a good price range. The desert offerings were fairly standard, but well received.
Our waitress was new, (one week), but had a good command of the menu and while her recommendations were based on reactions to what she had served, she clearly felt it going to be a good place to work. (Happy customers generally help to make happy wait staff).
Prices were on the high side of average for the menu options and area. Clearly as there was a range of options on the menu, there was a range of appropriate prices. Beer selection was also good.
We are in the area several times a year, and will certainly be back.