See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2015

I stayed here with my family in August of 2014 for a long weekend. We got the corner room which was pretty dated. Oh my... It reeked of old basement. We did not enjoy it at all and we paid quite a few bucks for it.
The only nice thing was continental breakfast in the morning which was included in the room fee.

I do not recommend staying here until this place is renovated.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KBesher
Reviewed 3 October 2014

I took my mother to Cape Cod and we stayed here for 3 nights. What a lovely spot - quiet and right on the ocean. The people who work here are warm and friendly and the breakfast is very nice with some good home made breads. My mom isn't very mobile so we stayed in a first floor room and it was great. The decor was really fitting for a small Cape hotel. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Recently stayed two nights at the Beach House. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated with pretty quilts and wicker furniture. Not the typical motel décor at all. We had one upstairs room that was ocean front and one downstairs room that had no view. The ocean front room was bright, breezy and perfect for eating breakfast on the balcony, reading or just enjoying the beautiful sunrise. Wonderful to wake up to the sound of the waves. The other room was really just used for sleeping by our two college-aged kids. It was much darker and did have a bit of a musty smell, which was the only "con" to our entire stay. Beds were very comfortable.

The continental breakfast was very good. Especially liked the fresh baked breads (pumpkin, etc.) Breakfast was served in a communal kitchen and brought back to the room to eat.

The grassy area between the hotel and the sand was great for lounging. Plenty of chairs to be had. The beach in this area is perfect for long walks.

Staff was very friendly. We were able to check in as soon as we arrived at 12:00 since our rooms were ready which allowed us to make the most of our short stay. Front desk was great in trying to accommodate our request that the two rooms be near each other since we were a little late in booking.

The Skipper restaurant is within walking distance and was good for dinner. Get there early! The Old Yarmouth Inn is worth the short drive for the best seafood risotto anywhere! Very highly recommended.

All in all, we loved this stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are definitely worth the extra money! Can't beat the view and proximity to the water.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank miminj16
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My wife and I recently returned to The Beach House at Bass River. We'd often stayed here in the mid-90's but hadn't vacationed on the Cape for some time. Checking in was easy as I had registered on-line. We stayed in a second floor room that overlooked the sound and the private beach as we had in our previous visits. The sound of the waves and smell of the salt air made us realize why we always loved coming here. Though the rooms were and still are decorated with no frills, they are clean and comfortable. The room amenities are sparse as we had a small refrigerator and a small screen TV, but the location is the main attraction of the Beach House. The front desk personnel were very friendly, courteous and helpful and the breakfast buffet of granola, baked goods, muffins, juices and coffee are included in the price. Our stay felt like a visit with an old friend and we're so glad we came back once more.

Room Tip: 16 of the 26 rooms are ocean front rooms. Be sure to get one of them to maximize the beachfront experience.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph J
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Try to come here at least once a year for a week in October. Or over a long weekend during Memorial day celebration. Can't say enough about how kind & caring the owners & staff are here. For 15 years my husband & me, as well as the friends we have brought here have enjoyed this small but intimate Bed & Breakfast. If you love the sound of the ocean waves while you sleep this is the place. Situated directly on the ocean. Rooms are always spotless & the continental breakfast simple but tasty. If you like Antique furniture, each room is totally done differently with charm. I also come down during the winter but naturally they are closed.so I usually stay in Hyannis or Falmouth. However, nothing compares to the Beach House. Can't wait for October!!

Room Tip: Always try to get the Balcony rooms. They are more expensive but when you wake up in the morning you can see the ocean from your bed. What a beautiful sight!!.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends