“Exceptional clam chowder”

Skipper Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Skipper Restaurant & Chowder House is a seasonal restaurant open from mid April to mid October. We serve the finest seafood with the best view since 1936. Winner of the Newport, Boston and Cape Cod chowder festivals.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My wife and I ate here twice while touring the Cape since the first time was so good. We had their award-winning clam chowder, fish and chips, baby back ribs, salads and potato skins (huge portion!).

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Skipper's in South Yarmouth. I ordered the fish taco and it was very delicious. The fish was a good size fillet in a fantastic tortilla with a very fresh and tasty salsa. The fries were so crispy and light, not at all greasy. One of the best fries I've ever eaten. My friends both ordered and enjoyed the fried clam roll. They were very pleased with the good size of the clam belly.

The overall cape cod atmosphere of Skipper's is delightful. The ocean view is fantastic on the upper level.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Word to the wise...if you want a lobster roll, get the traditional (small). If you want to feed a small army for a week, get the supreme. Get a seat on the upstairs deck, it's worth the wait during nice weather.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were just in over the weekend while on vacation. We were told there was a 35 minute wait, but I don't think we waited more than 10. When we were seated, we noticed that the table next to us was a bit "boisterous". One of the men at the table (I'm not even kidding) kept busting out this ridiculous harmonica and blowing into it. My anxiety levels went through the roof. We asked our waiter to have us reseated somewhere else, but with the crowd, didn't think it would happen. Were we wrong! The manager came and got us, moved us upstairs to a quieter area. He apologized for the issue and even kicked in free dessert. Seriously on point customer service! We had the filet and lobster. It was delicious. I highly recommend you check out Skipper's.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

When on the cape we always visit Skippers at least once. The food is good and the staff is very pleasant. If you go for dinner you will probably have to wait but you will be glad you did! Be sure to stop by the ice cream shop in the back. Nice and creamy with great flavors!