“For Lovers of Vintage”

Coachman Motor Inn
Coachman Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Harwich
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I liked the Coachman. The room was very clean. Definitely a vintage vibe. Let me be clear, this a motel not a hotel-built for the era of family vacations in the woody wagon. Rooms face a motor court with a nice clean pool in the middle. The furniture and decor in the room has a very 70's vibe which I enjoyed. Helga the owner is very friendly and helpful. She has her 2 German Shepards running around. My kids enjoyed playing with them. All in all I enjoyed my stay. If you are expecting a traditional bland hotel, this place is not for you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara B

Reviewed 28 September 2016

This is a motel in South Harwich, MA. where I stayed on a Saturday night at the beginning of the off season on Cape Cod. Describing it as vintage is being kind. In order to have privacy the drapes needed to be closed at all times. Lighting provided by a few table lamps was inadequate. The room was furnished with old, mismatched furniture, the arrangement of the furniture was odd and the décor on the walls had seen better days. A window air conditioner took quite some time to have any effect on cooling the room on that hot and humid day. On the plus side, the room and especially the bathroom were clean and the bed was adequate for my needs for that one night and I have to give two thumbs up to the pillows which I really liked. There was a small dorm room refrigerator which had a moderate amount of rust in it. I didn't use the in ground pool which was in the middle of the parking lot. In general, I'm not so fussy about motel rooms but at the price of $137.00 per night I had expected more than what I encountered.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

The Coachman Motor Inn is a very nice and comfortable and conveniently located motor Inn in the traditional "Old Cod" tradition. The owner (Helga) is terrific hostess who keeps her establishment clean at all times. The grounds are well manicured the pool is clean and there is plenty of hot coffee available each morning.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank timothyhurley23
Reviewed 31 May 2016

My fiancee and I travel often, and throughout our journeys we stayed in both good motels and others that were less accommodating. I have to say, we were very satisfied with our stay at this motel this past weekend. The room was big and had nice decor. The ac made it a lot easier to sleep as you could control it to any setting you need. The staff was marvelous and very friendly. We slept very comfortably and quietly. Will for sure return.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Youssef M
Reviewed 8 October 2015 via mobile

Charming motel. Not luxurious, but I don't expect that from a motel. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The pool had no chemical smell but was clean and clear. When we arrived, out air conditioner was not working. The following day, it was replaced with a brand new one. I will definitely return.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
0.1 km away
Cape Cod Wishing Well
Cape Cod Wishing Well
#5 of 7 in West Harwich

Been to Coachman Motor Inn? Share your experiences!