“Better than Chipotle (REALLY)”
Review of El Guanaco

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Guanaco
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in South Hadley
Reviewed 26 November 2015

I love El Guanaco, I go here with my friends a lot. The food is really cheap and REALLY GOOD and you get a lot of food for the price. Burritos here are huge and come with lots of rice and beans, and the guac is really fresh too. I got huevos rancheros which was awesome, and my girlfriend's chicken burrito had SO MUCH guac in it, it was generous and beautiful. The chips and salsa here are ample, warm, and fresh, and our waitresses have always been very cool and nice. It's relaxing and the food is delicious. You can also order take out which is really great! I have always had good luck here, and it's so much better than any chain restaurant within the same price margin.

2  Thank CamsterV

Reviewed 9 July 2015

This is one of my favorite places for El Salvadorian food in the area. The mole is fantastic and the enchiladas are great. There are weekly burrito specials, so it is incredibly affordable. I recommend getting your meal to go, because the restaurant service is too slow when dining with children!

1  Thank AMM M
Reviewed 6 May 2015 via mobile

I am currently sitting at the table waiting... waiting. .. waiting. Its been well over an hour and still sipping on my empty water.
I am hoping the food is worth it.

Getting ready to leave no sign of food.
Sorry cant comment on the food because i apparently am not getting any.

The place is a dirty dump. The clean table was actually dirty... this place needs to be shut down.

3  Thank Erik M
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

Had lunch here with friends and what a treat! New locale and more roomy with an El Salvador theme. Yummy guacamole and salsa with chips to start followed by a varied menu with burritos, enchiladas, veggie pork fish or beef!! Casual , inexpensive friendly and tasty, tasty, tasty! !! Open for breakfast too!!! It was my first visit as I had takeout from the work site.Great place to kick back and enjoy traditional fare. Homemade local drinks available as well.We loved it!!

2  Thank Daphnenero
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Okay, it's a low budget, tiny hole in the wall that is obviously operated by a small family of nice folks on a shoestring budget. But if you can look beyond that, the food is authentic Mexican/Salvadoran, plentiful and very good. So don't go there on a special date. But do go there for take-out or if you're okay with eating a little holes in the wall. I would eat there again, and if I lived nearby, I'd definitely do their take-out.

2  Thank Nohonative