“Worked well for attending TD Garden event”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Somerville
Reviewed 7 April 2016

I came to Boston to attend the World Figure Skating Championships at TD Garden. I looked for a good combination of distance, price, and amenities, and ended up at the La Quinta Somerville. My stay was great! They have an hourly airport shuttle, so I called, and they picked me up at the airport. (They will also take you to the T stop near the hotel, Assembly, at the top of the hour, which was great when it was pouring down rain! Otherwise, I just walked.) The staff at the front desk were very friendly and always able to answer my questions. The bed was VERY comfortable--I slept well. The air-conditioner was good--got down to 67 F--and the fan stayed on all night (which I prefer). The shower was good, and the towels were nice. Across from the hotel are a restaurant (Ninety Nine), Dunkin Donuts, Kmart, and mall (Assembly Row). The room was smoke-free with no smell as well. The TV was OK (a reasonable selection of channels), as was the breakfast (6-9 am weekdays, 7-10 am weekends). Wifi worked most of the time (one outage, which was quickly fixed). My room also had a mini fridge and a nice view--I could see the Bunker Hill Monument, downtown Boston skyline, and Assembly T station from my window. I took the airport shuttle back to the airport, too--so fast on a Sunday morning! I only had one problem: the deadbolt on the first room I was given did not work. They tried to fix it, and when it wasn't able to be fixed quickly, I was given another room with no problem. Overall, I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ChemTeacherTraveller

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Both times that I called this hotel, the phone rang more than 30 times before anyone answered it. The person that answered the phone could not answer 2 simple questions that I had. She told me the wrong time that the van picks one up at the airport. (She said that it was on the hour, when it actually leaves the hotel on the hour to go to the airport.). I was also given the wrong directions as to how to get to the "Assembly" T Station. As a result, I was walking around in the pouring rain, lost, for half an hour, when it should only have taken 10-15 mins.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Regina A
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This hotel was very busy when we stayed; the front desk staff were courteous, though clearly pulled in many directions at once. The room we were initially assigned had a malfunctioning heater/AC unit -- the room would not warm up. When we reported the problem, we were told to "wait 10 minutes" for the heater to kick in, but that only blew more cold air into the room. Finally (after a second request), they sent someone to look at the problem, which could not be fixed, and we were moved promptly into another room. Aside from that, stay was comfortable. There is a large shopping center right across the street -- the K-Mart came in handy when we all needed to buy umbrellas the next morning for heavy rain.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Katsmi
Reviewed 31 March 2016

We've stayed at this LaQuinta before. The location is very good. Easy access to subway and highway; new stores and restaurants nearby. The hotel needs a major overhaul though. Rooms are tired and old; uncomfortable mattresses & bedding; cracks in sink and mini-fridge; carpets desperately need updating; healthier choices for breakfast would be a plus. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful - major asset there.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2016

This hotel is great for convenience to the airport. Airport shuttle was quick and friendly, even at 5:00 AM in the morning. Counter staff was professional and great with dining recommendations in the area.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerville
AC Hotel Boston North
#1 of 2 in Medford
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
Holiday Inn Express Boston

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville

Address: 23 Cummings Street, Somerville, MA 02145
Region: United States > Massachusetts > Somerville
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Somerville
Price Range: AU$147 - AU$324 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston Somerville Hotel Somerville