“Delightful”

Oliveiras Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliveiras Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 345 Restaurants in Somerville
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I was hesitant to visit, but wanted to try something different with my wife. This is the place. We had the buffet. You fill your plate from the buffet, and they bring different cuts of meat to the table and carve them for you. The meats are flavorful, and they just keep coming. Once it was a cinnamon covered Pineapple, there was a chicken heart delivery, pork sausage, lamb with mint jelly, and several cuts of beef. It is a memorable experience.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

The steak was delicious and the service outstanding.

I was full and got a dessert to take away which was amazing!!

The staff were great and rang a taxi for me when I wanted to leave.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I found a Groupon so, being Brazilian and living close by, I decided to try it. I wasn't disappointed. The caipirinhas were delicious, with just the right amount of sugar to rum. Normally, I don't think rodizio is worth it, but this one was. The buffet had all the traditional foods: salpicão, maionese, feijão preto and arroz, among others. The only reasons for the one star deficit was that they did not have tripeiro, and I had to ask for my check 3 times. I'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank RrBbRr
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

We ate the best food of Massachusetts. We recommend for all friends. The steak is very good! Our group liked a lot of buffet, steaks and the service is also excellent!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

First-time visit for my family, including our 10-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son. We all enjoyed the food, the service, the uniqueness of a Brazilian steak house.

You can opt for all-you-can-eat for $26.99 or by the pound ($8.20—not sure if that includes the plate but either way, it's a good deal!).

(Total for dinner (w/tax; not tip): $102.73.)

In both cases, you go to the salad bar area. The bar on the left offers a few meats including pork ribs plus fried fish, and Brazilian sides including stuffing (yum!), beans, and sweet plantains (yum yum). There is also white rice and rolls for undeveloped taste buds.

The main bar is basically salad ingredients and fruit. It is very clean and tidy but oddly not very appealing. Too many other tantalizing foods to tempt you away from the healthier options. (The only lettuce was over-dressed Caesar.)

At the back of this area is where you find the meat. You read the list of rotisserie offerings on the right side and ask for anything you want. We opted for very small portions of items including beef ribs, linguica, lamb. All perfectly cooked.

My son, who has the biggest appetite of us, ordered the all-you-can-eat. This means that in addition to the food bars, various servers stop by to offer whatever is on their long, sizzling skewer, which they deftly slice off with very sharp knives. Again, opt for small portions of several items.

A circle card green on one side means, "please stop by and tell me what you have." The red side means, "please pass me over; I'm good for now." You can flip this over as many times as you want.

The oddest items were the chicken hearts. My son said they were chewy. The other meats were more mainstream. I think we spotted pineapple on a skewer but we were too full.

The rest of us aren't quantity eaters, and I'd say next time, we will probably all go by weight. The totals for the 3 of us, very well fed, were $8.45, $9.43, $15.25.

Their Caipirinha mojitos ($8) are fantastic—I tried the passion fruit. They had a special mojito finished with ginger ale that didn't sound quite as good.

The kids each tried a Brazilian soda, Guarana Antartica ($2.50), which is similar to ginger ale.

The dessert cases are located near the entrance. The server displays samples of the desserts tableside. We selected chocolate mousse ($4), which, though pudding like but still yummy, comes partially in a chocolate shell. There was an item in the middle that the kids think was PEANUT BUTTER, so if there's an allergy in your party, definitely ask.

My husband enjoyed the cheesecake ($4). We also tried a Pave de Bombom ($4). These came in 2-3 flavors; we ordered chocolate inside chocolate. It was very rich and delicious.

We made reservations but 6:00 on a Saturday night during the summer wasn't a problem. There is a smallish lot and street parking. The restaurant is located in kind of a weird area, so as your driving when the GPS says you've arrived, take the turn and you'll easily see the restaurant.