“OOOOOhhh, that Mac & Cheese”

Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #19 of 345 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar is a down-to-earth restaurant serving regional comfort food from across the US. A definitive neighborhood joint in Davis Square, Rosebud offers a laid-back dining experience in a casual setting to guests from all walks of life. Honest food and honest drinks set the foundation of Rosebud’s menu. While dishes have roots from all four corners of the country, Chef/Partner John Delpha, carefully integrates a range of far-flung flavors from across the globe to keep palates guessing.
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Wonderful loaded mac & cheese. I so enjoyed it. First time here - was great. Atmosphere is enjoyable, our waiter Edwin was friendly and helpful. Others in our party enjoyed: caprese flatbread special, ribs, and the fantastic rachel in a skirt. Drinks were great - the special Manhattan was perfect - his on the rocks; mine, straight up. mmmm.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Came to this place with my sister on a spring afternoon like for a “boozy” brunch spot and I was satisfied with everything after we left. We had the chicken & waffles, eggs, bacon, home fries and the biscuit.

The home fries were solid, nothing to die for but was good none the less. The eggs were great and you could tell that they were very fresh and prepared properly. The biscuit was very good, dense but not gummy and the cranberry jam is a great compliment to it. The bacon is very exceptional. It got the point where I was disappointed that it was finished, I was disappointed that it was done

The chicken and waffles were surprisingly subpar, the chicken was pretty dry and mildly seasoned. Otherwise, everything was good and there is a wide range of dishes for everybody.

This place is not too loud but it aesthetically is different than you’re typical brick and mortar place. The staff is friendly and the service is quick.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Made a reservation for a Friday night. Seated immediately in the diner section. The restaurant is much larger than it appears from the sidewalk. It was fun to sit in the front window and watch the goings on in Davis Sq. Nice whiskey menu. Admittedly I am a picky, unadventurous diner. Not much appealed to me on the menu so I opted for the burger as a default. It was average. The fries were great. My companions had a pulled pork sandwich and a fried chicken dish which they both enjoyed. Service was excellent. I would like to return for brunch.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our family dined here (adult children) for brunch. The restaurant front looks like an old American diner, but the rest of the building behind it has lots of charm and many more tables. We dined at the bar, due to the wait for a table and had a great meal. We ordered the French Toast, an omelet and eggs Benedict. All were great. Details as followed: the french toast is made with thick, hand-cut bread, the omelet was light and delicious with a side of seasoned home fries and arugula salad. The Eggs Benedict had tender smoked brisket beef and a sweet savory sauce. It was delicious, however the eggs were a little overcooked (not runny, as expected). All told, it was about $50 for three of us, without drinks. The ambiance was lively and warm. Parking can be a challenge in Davis Square, so plan ahead to find a space. We would highly recommend Rosebud and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I had dinner there with friends. The decor is warm, the server was friendly and helpful, and the food has solid in terms of taste, price and portion size. It was a very pleasant evening. If I had one complaint, it is that the food was quite heavy in terms of lots of sauces and starchy ingredients. Not the place to eat lightly but otherwise, nice tasty fare and nice atmosphere.