“Great breakfast”

Railway Cafe
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Somerset
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Excellent breakfast....
Best pancakes in town. Always great specials and an extensive menu.
Staff is quick with service and very friendly.
Must visit.....

There are newer reviews for Railway Cafe

Reviewed 1 July 2015

I liked the convenience of this restaurant, I do like the idea of eating in a "train car". The décor is very quaint. The food was pretty good, the service is friendly. Very clean restaurant.

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

Quick seating. Quick service. Great food. What a great little place. Railcar takes you back in time. Will be back when we're in the area.

Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

So my boyfriend and I always have breakfast at Family Ties which by the way is a great breakfast spot, but today until January 2nd they are closed.We figured we would try out Railway Cafe since we had our eye on the cute place for awhile. Upon arriving the young girl who seated us was very sweet, but once at the table the two coffee mugs had lipstick marks and cloudy stuff stuck in the mugs, we had asked for new mugs for our coffee which wasn't a problem and we got new mugs with again lipstick stains and white cream stuck on the mug. The food arrived and it was just okay my french toast smelled like wet dog (I did not finish my meal). When the bill came we had asked for the coffee to be taken off, because the cups were dirty and we did not drank the coffee, the owner is brought out and makes a loud fuss in the restaurant about the coffee mugs are not dirty, but couldn't explain what was on our cups and says "I'll take it off this time, but not next" (while yelling it through the restaurant) very unprofessional, I will not eat there again.

5  Thank Tymika B
Reviewed 13 November 2014

The food is always made fresh and the service is fast. You can get anything from a great breakfast to a great lunch. They usually have homemade soups in the colder months, but have specials usually every day. The atmosphere is great as you are seated on a train. The restaurant is very clean and the service is fast. You also can get a gift basket made up for any occasion consisting of bagels, fruit and muffins, etc. The price is reasonable. Definitely a place to try out if you are in Somerset and you want a quick, good inexpensive meal.