All reviewsother guestsnew englandhostslodginginternet
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I was pleasantly surprised at my accommodation. It was a restored 19th century home and it was so comfortable. My room was spacious and the bathroom was also big enough for one. Both were very clean and well appointed with plenty of linen. The air conditioner was also useful on occasion. The location was excellent, well within walking distance of nearly everything in the town. Philip was an excellent host, providing wonderful conversation throughout. He was happy to answer any queries and nothing was too much trouble. I would thoroughly recommend this accommodation to anyone and would not hesitate to return should the chance arise.

Room Tip: All rooms have air conditioning and are generally quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Patricia1209
Reviewed 21 July 2016

My sister and I enjoyed a one-night visit in this "perfect" B and B. It is a lovely Victorian home! We enjoyed chatting with the hosts Phillip and Edith and the fellow guests over a delicious breakfast of fresh fruits and home-cooked pastries / crepes. Very reasonable price, great location with a walk to town and a very "Norman Rockwell-esque" setting in Shelburne Falls. We plan to return!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the balcony room but all seemed quite comfortable, clean and well-appointed.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MFSCT
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Stacked up magazines and books, vintage furniture worn around the edges, treasures from exotic vacation spots scattered about the rooms and a very warm welcome. Excellent breakfast crepes made by the world traveler, Phillip, our host. We didn't meet Edith, Phillips wife,, but saw her wonderful artwork. Comfortable (twin) beds. This is not your typical stuffy high end antique decorated B&B, this is a lived in home, not a museum.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2016

I stayed at the Dancing Bear B & B while taking a class at Vavstuga in Shelburne Falls (the Dancing Bear is a short walk to the village and to the weaving studio). The room was clean, quiet and very comfortable and Philip and Edith were wonderful hosts. I will certainly stay there in the future if I am in Shelburne Falls !

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank SBSStandish
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Phillip and Edith were spectacular hosts of a marvelously laid back vacation within walking distance of wonderful Shelburne Falls and the Bridge of Flowers. As hosts, they gave all sorts of sage advice about restaurants and must-see places. As a cook, Phillip is superb, and so our trip was very relaxing. We had the room across the street, where the bed was very comfortable.

Room Tip: Didn't see the other rooms, so can't really help.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family