“Just "OK"”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Seekonk
Maryville, Tennessee
“Just "OK"”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at this property for 5 nights with my children. I chose it because of it's Trip Advisor and AAA rating, the rooms looked clean (no gross bedspreads!!) and the indoor pool. When we arrived, the hotel had a very "interesting" smell. We ended up buying an air freshener for our room which, sadly, made the hallway worse each morning when we left. The room itself was not impressive, sparse, but seemed clean. There were only enough towels each day for each of us, no extra, ever. Even though our room was "cleaned" each day, the sheets were not changed every time, I knew. I had a couple of problems in the room the first day and they were taken care of by the time we returned. During our visit my young son ended up in the emergency room overnight. The staff was very accomodating, cleaning our room before we arrived back so we could sleep the rest of the day, steam cleaning the carpet where he had gotten sick, etc.
The breakfast was definitely a negative. It did not smell good and at one point another guest complained that the milk tasted sour. We sat at a table by the "kitchen" and from what I could see from my view it appeared dirty and disorganized. I watched the staff handle food with no gloves, stir scrambled eggs and touch the eggs with her bare hands, etc. We ate elsewhere the last 3 mornings after I couldn't handle watching or smelling it anymore.
The pool area was not cleaned overnight. We swam every night and trash, toys etc. that had been left out the night before were never cleaned up while we were there. The room with the pool did not have any kind of smell to it, which worried me that there was no enough chemical in the pool (most indoor pool rooms have a very distinct chlorine smell).
The walls must be paper thin as well as the ceilings/floors. The hotel seemed relatively empty during the week but our last night was a Friday. We could hear the people above us walking constantly and every night of the week we heard the tv and people talking next door late into the night.
Again, the hotel was just ok. I would definitely not stay there again because there were enough other places around there to try. The staff was accomodating but it just couldn't make up for the less than average overall feeling.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the end of the hall and on the top floor. We were on the bottom floor and could hear...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I had stayed here for a weekend during a power outage in our area. The hotel was busy and was almost full. It was averagely clean and outdated, there were noisy corridors, with kids running all over (at least during that weekend). The morning complimentary breakfast was adequate, with sufficient seating. The staff did alright with their job. I think the rates were reasonable for their area. The hotel is nothing exceptional but seems reasonable for the price and the services provided.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Hotel average. Inexpensive. Jacuzzi broken. Room sparse

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel. The hotel looks like it was recently renovated and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I was satisfied with this hotel.

The only complaint I had was the noise levels. The walls between rooms are thin. In an adjacent vacant room, there was an alarm clock that went off for a few hours that I could hear clearly in my room. I eventually called the front desk who turned it off immediately.

Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BobAdams111
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed here for a high school reunion in a nearby location. The room was clean and very comfortable and included a refrigerator, which was great for me, as I was on a special diet and needed a place to store food.
WiFi was included, which was a great advantage, and didn't require a lot of trouble to use.
I didn't take advantage of the breakfast included with the room, but it seemed abundant, and I did enjoy a cup of coffee one morning of my stay. The only thing that wasn't perfect was the TV reception, but that was a minor problem.
The highway was convenient and as another reviewer said, there are movies, restaurants, and shopping nearby.
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seekonk
0.4 km away
Knights Inn Seekonk MA
#6 of 8 in Seekonk
9.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Been to Best Western Providence-Seekonk Inn? Share your experiences!