All reviews the painted lady old church converted church stained glass piano player clam chowder scallops jacuzzi bath cape cod prosciutto belgian waffles vaulted ceilings burger bar duck mashed potatoes gorgeous room lovely evening
Reviewed 23 October 2017

We stayed for 3 nights in the Painted Lady and enjoyed lovely freshly cooked breakfast in the Belfry. Christopher could not have been more helpful or welcoming and the surroundings of the ex convent make this an interesting stay. The room was comfortable, beds extremely so and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: rooms in the Belfry are probably more characterful but we stayed in the Painted Lady and were very happy there.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

This is now my 4th stay at the Belfry Inn & Bistro in Sandwich, Massachusetts on Cape Cod. It is perfect in so many ways, every room is unique in architecture and interior decoration. Each is extremely comfortable with so many amenities and a joy to be a guest in. The owner, Chris Wilson makes sure that every need is addressed.
In the absolutely beautiful dining room breakfast is served... hard to decide between the Veggie Omelet or the Belgian Waffles among the choices. I have had awesome dinners there...My favorite was the duck but I also loved the Kobe beef sliders accompanied by wines that are superb and inexpensive. There is also the NEXT DOOR BURGER Bar in the adjoining Painted Lady building.
The location is perfect for walking around the Village or to the Beach. Heritage Museum & Gardens is 5 min away with the most unique collection of pristine antique cars, collected by the Eli Lily Family, with gardens and other collections of art and a working Carousel that are a “must see”. It is a short walk to the Sandwich Glass Museum. A drive down (East) on Rte 6A, also known as the Old Kings Highway encapsulates the history and intrinsic beauty of Cape Cod, and it is yards away from the Belfry.
I could go on and on about this great Inn,but more importantly, is to put the Belfry Inn & Bistro on your list of places to stay on Cape Cod.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at this Inn. We stayed in the former choir loft, and the room was stunning. The bedding was comfy and the experience was restful. It was pricey, but the room was so gorgeous that we decided to splurge.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MEJDoane
Reviewed 13 October 2017

As a party of 4 (two moms, two daughters) we stayed in the Painted Lady annex, which had the only rooms which would accommodate the four of us together. Our stay was relaxing and fun. Full breakfast in the main converted church was included in the price. The food was outstanding and we could have lingered another couple of hours enjoying the ambience!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary at a friend's beach house in Sandwich and were recommended to come here for a special dinner. Our friends steered us well! First of all, the Bistro is absolutely gorgeous. It's set in an old church with all the church's paneling and stained glass windows--complete with little informational pieces that talk about the symbolism. We were greeted immediately and given a few choices for seats (it was off season, so not too busy--reservations are normally recommended). Our servers were excellent, even taking our picture with wine. Never once were we in need of anything, and their recommendations for wine and food were exactly what we wanted. We also had some great conversations over food, wine, coffee, and hot peppers. The food was also exactly what we wanted. My husband got the Wagyu beef burger with foie gras, and I had the lavender infused duck breast with roasted vegetables and pickled grapes. The flavors were all well-balanced (the pickled grapes in particular, set with the rich duck!). When we told them it was our anniversary, we also received complimentary champagne. Dessert was also delicious. I got the milk donuts with honey and cardamom, served with pistachio gelato. It's an Indian dessert that I only rarely see even at good Indian restaurants. It matched well with a strong espresso. My husband got the chantilly pudding with salted caramel gelato, which was also deliciously balanced--particularly being neither too sweet or too rich. While it was an expensive dinner, it was absolutely worth the price and we would definitely return!

Stayed: October 2017