“A Cape restaurant with food as great as the view”

The Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Sandwich
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Please note the Pilot House is closed for the months of January and February 2018 and reopening in early March.
Reviewed 9 September 2017

My friend has suggested for months that we meet for dinner at this place. I had not been there but heard good things about it. Finally I took her up on her suggestion and we had a great meal. We started by sharing a refreshing beet salad with the biggest beets we had ever seen. My friend's entrée was a bowl of clam chowder which she really enjoyed. I opted for something much larger -- the seafood pot pie. This generous, beautifully seasoned offering was comprised of lobster, shrimp, scallops, haddock and asparagus baked in a light lobster sherry cream sauce, topped with puff pastry. (Hey, if I'm going out for seafood I want to make sure I'm full.) My friend pointed out that the restaurant recently changed some of its layout and I was most impressed. You will see a big oval bar with adjacent table seating, a lower level area with booth seating, a main dining room and an L-shaped waterside dining room. Everything is open, airy and inviting. The view is great, too -- but the food is far better than some of The Pilot House's nearby counterparts.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had reservations timed to witness the famed sunset on the patio, but the weather did not cooperate that evening. We were seated inside with a lovely view nonetheless and the martinis were cold and very well made. Live music in the bar was a good background without being too loud for dinner conversation. Nice wine list, great service and the food was solid Cape Cod traditional. All in all a good experience and will definitely return for the sunset.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Plans to see the sun set and dinner. Too cloudy for the sun set. The crowd was huge, people parking on the road and filling up the adjacent parking lot and thought we would have a long wait, but no they sat us right away, people wanting to eat or drink outside and willing to wait. The chowder could have been hotter and would have sent it back, but our food order came out after two spoonfuls. The seafood platter was great.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Pilot house is good for an outside drink in the summer during the day. Fortunately the sun sets right over the canal, but once you enjoy the view the backyard becomes dark and cold.... no overhead lighting and no heat lamps? Once you're too cold and you head inside, the live band is so loud you can't talk to anyone. At least the wine pours are heavy! Great place due to location but certainly has stronger potential than they are taking advantage of.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Formerly the Aquagrill, the Pilot House is a nice place with good food and reasonable prices. We sat outside which was nice. Good view of the marina but unfortunately the power station is right behind the marina spoiling an otherwise really nice Cape Cod view. Wine was good, service was good. Had fried calamari and a hummus plate both of which were a good quantity and very tasty.