“Came for Priime Rib. Best be on time next time. ”
Review of Hungry Traveler

Hungry Traveler
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Read the prime rib reviews. But they ran out. Husband liked the idea of the lamb. Also run out. Was looking forward to the well written about salad bar. Sad looking sadly.

What we had was filling, well cooked and tasty. Baked Haddock and steak. But nothing really to write about.

The school party in before us were obviously loud. Not their fault at all but kind of ruined the atmosphere.

I’d give them another try for sure.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 2 September 2018

However, I had to stop at this place because of the name. Mind you, I ate breakfast already and by the time I got there it was 11:15 AM. On normal weekdays, they serve lunch at that time, but on a Sunday, I would have to eat breakfast or sit and wait for lunch to be served at noon. I did both. Looking at the menu I have never seen a meatloaf omelette. Anything new, I must try and I did. I must say, the omelette looked like there was a miniature coffin inside, but I knew it was the meatloaf. The meatloaf and everything else was not salted to my satisfaction but they must deal with plenty of customers on salt-free diets. I even had to take off the pepper shaker cap to get some onto my eggs. And I kept adding salt over and over. Something wrong with me?
After my breakfast, I perused the lunch menu and ordered the baked stuffed mushroom casserole. What a dish....so delicious! I still had to add salt. I could not eat the rest so I bagged it, but....
Then I added dessert of peanut butter pie. That was so good, I ate the whole thing. It's only 12:30 PM and so I'm thinking of doing a 24 hour fast. Good luck to me.
PS. Debbie, the full-time letter carrier is supreme. Thanks, Debbie.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018

I had dinner here because people had recommended it.
First, the dining room needs a major renovation. Bad lighting, old furniture, worn carpeting.
The food was okay - I've had better at other restaurants in the area.
A little over-priced.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Formerly a “local” who moved out west and then down south, I have been dining at Hungry Traveler for decades without ever a disappointing meal...still stop in EVERY time I am in the area. Unpretentious wholesome food but for me there is only one item on the menu: baked grapenut pudding done right. Inches of white egg custard resting on a layer of packed grapenuts baked slowly in water...not too sweet and always moist. Cannot find it that way anywhere else in the USA and sometimes after dinner order six or more to go into our car cooler for sharing with friends later that evening. PS specific “ratings” did not work on iPad touchscreen...would all be highest.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and his cousins met at the Hungry Traveler for an early dinner. The restaurant is older and has older decor but don't let that fool you. The food is excellent and the servers are extremely friendly. Several in our group had the fisherman's platter. Everything was cooked to perfection. One person had the steak tips and he said they were very good. The salad bar came with our meals. Several of us had their cream of broccoli soup and found it to be delicious. The prices we're good considering the quality and amount of food they serve. We will definitely be going back

Date of visit: July 2018