“Best prime rib!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I had heard how good the prime rib was, so I stopped by for lunch. The place is 'old-school', like a 1970's restaurant. The soup and salad bar is small, but the items are home-made and good quality, which is preferable to one with dozens of mediocre items. The tomato soup was excellent (the chicken veggie and rice looked good, too), as were the 3-bean salad, the bean dip, the pasta salad, and the house salad dressing. The menu was extensive, with loads of specials -- comfort foods like meatloaf and salmon pie -- but I had stopped for the prime rib. It was the best prime rib I've had in decades -- slow-roasted, great flavor, tender, and seasoned to perfection. It put to shame some of the prime rib I've had in Portsmouth and big-city steakhouses. The waitress was so nice and friendly. This place has no 'attitude' and no artificial la-la factor -- just great food and service, and good prices.

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 20 February 2017

On your way to the beach, stop in for lunch or dinner. Plenty of free parking. The menu has great choices. Do you want local seafood? Do you want steak? Do you want just a burger? You can get it at the Hungry Traveler. Family owned for many years, it is a must stop while you are in the area

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We have not been here for a bit. Way to long in my book. Off season early evening . Walked right in got a roomy booth . Waitress came right over took our drink order then came right back for the food order. Great salad bar , had the baked scollops for dinner. The other dinner was steak tips , all great. No room for desert. Love this place
This is one of the cleanest places I have been.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We had never been here before, one of those places you always drive by when you are on your way to the beach. This time we decided that it would be a great place to try for date night. We went in and it looked small from the outside, but once you go in there are a few different rooms that they may seat you in. We were seated right away and the waitress came right over, told us her name and told us some specials. She gave us a few minutes and came back over and took our drinks and we placed our app order. Within 10 minutes we had our app and had already given our dinner selections to her. We had a fish pie and a prime rib dinner. Both we amazing. The prime rib was cooked perfect and was so tender. His fish was good and he said it was one of the best that he had. Each meal came with a starch side and came with a trip to the salad bar where you make your own salad and have the chance to pick between 2 different types of soup. The waitress came over many times and asked how we were doing and if we needed anything. She was wonderful and had a great personality! I will say this is deff a place we will be back and can't wait to try something else!

1  Thank elizabethmY5545NS
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

We have been here a few times but tonight was a little disappointing. We did have a larger party but service was very slow. Pretty much everyone did order some variation of seafood. I got the haddock and scallop broil. I had asked for Cajun seasoning on the haddock and not on the scallops and they could not accommodate. Settled for the plain broil. While I was not looking for a large portion, the portion itself was very small. Scallops were small, tough and overcooked. All in all very average. I think the thing that attracts people here is the salad bar.

Date of visit: December 2016